Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   volant (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/volant-73602/)

ftltmp 07-26-2005 08:18 PM

volant

I installed my volant cold air intake today, very easy too install . Have not had a chance too drive it far, went around the block,that turbo sure does sing.:D

joelegs1000 07-27-2005 08:00 PM

I also purchased a volant, happy with the sound but for that price I paid ($284) I could have fiddled with the stock tubes/airbox to make that noise my "2cents".

runamuk 07-28-2005 12:59 AM

I too contacted Volant Re their cold air intake only to be put through the ringer. They did not answer my e-mail until I contacted them for the 3rd time requesting information. Their customer service was lacking to say the least so I finally ended up calling them.

I really have no time to waste calling a vendor who has no time to talk to/email me. The whole process took from Sunday to Thursday of 1 week and by the time I was through talking to them I was so frustrated that I really could not give a Ratts Butt less about their company's product line!!!:(

I would not recommend them to anyone on this site as I cannot condone their poor management, marketing and sales staff!!!( Let alone their inability to provide adequate information about their product line.

I rarely get this fired up over this type of nonsense, but in all honesty I'd have to say just say NO to Volante products. [nonono]

Rick

Dieseljunkie 07-28-2005 01:03 AM

Agreed, as Im researching the same thing, and called them, everything about the way they conduct business over the phone stinks. Looks like I'll be going to quadzilla for my intake.
Scott

bloodywolf 03-14-2007 05:26 PM

i have the Volante also and was wondering if anyone else has run into the problem of a lousy fit with plastic pipe running from the turbo to the air box.

i spoke to the dealer that sold it to me and told him i read somewhere there was a different part number for the high output 5.9. it wasn't until he called Volante that they told him there was a difference. the only problem is they said it was the same except for some spacers that go on the bottom of the air box.

this would raise the box and i'm not sure if the hood would close properly. Wouldn't they just have a pipe that fit properly instead of mucking with spacers. For $600, I thought they might.

darrenb 03-15-2007 04:43 AM

$6oo intake!!!!!!????[duhhh]

acook 03-15-2007 09:26 AM

I have a volant filter on my twin setup...its emploded like a crunched pop can because of my high boost levels, for the price it should have been able to hold up...

bloodywolf 03-15-2007 12:55 PM

$600.00 canadian, they like to throw us the bone up here

dodgezilla04 03-15-2007 01:06 PM

i've had my quad intake for a year now and like it. buy it here on DTR