3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Understanding the Smarty softwares

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by omaharam
Here is my question.

The way I understand the timing on the TNT Revo is this...
In order of the least timing to the most timing, it would be #4, #3, #1, #2. Is this correct Bob/Marco? Is #2 more timing than stock or less timing than stock?
#2 should be less timing than stock.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what is default 0? Stock is 1,aftermarket 2, and so on.What is the difference between 0 and 1?I understand 2 thru 4.

What do you guys consider too much timing rattle?I can run timing 2 and hear nothing,run default 0 and I hear a rattle.Nothing excessive but I can hear it.I'm leaving it on 2 until I get a good answer on this.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are talking about the REVO, the following applies (straight from the manual):

Injection Timing:
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - for stock injectors
# 3 - for aftermarket Injectors ( less timing advance than # 2 )
# 4 - for fuel economy ( more timing advance than level # 2 )

#0 just resets back to the default setting, depending on whether you are running a even-numbered catcher(resets to #1) or odd-numbered catcher(resets to #2) software level.

From highest level to lowest, it should be 4,2,3,1
Old 05-08-2008, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by JP-4.5
I wish I knew what the Beta 4.4 was on level 3 as it was a great daily driver level. Good driving manners and smoke control...

The Revo on 3 did not have the same response I have become used to running 4.4 on level 3. Any ideas what the Beta 4.4 was for settings? I am going to try the Revo TNT on lower levels for my daily driving recipe...
If I can get it close or better than 4.4 on 3 I will leave it..
Just remember that Beta 4.4 levels were all pretty close. They probably ranged from 130HP to 170HP (and not really in order), so it'll be hard to compare 4.4 to REVO on less than #7 (really #9) and REVO TNT probably about #5.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by FlaCracker
If you are talking about the REVO, the following applies (straight from the manual):

Injection Timing:
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - for stock injectors
# 3 - for aftermarket Injectors ( less timing advance than # 2 )
# 4 - for fuel economy ( more timing advance than level # 2 )

#0 just resets back to the default setting, depending on whether you are running a even-numbered catcher(resets to #1) or odd-numbered catcher(resets to #2) software level.

From highest level to lowest, it should be 4,2,3,1
That makes perfect sense to me and is understandable. The TNT Revo is different however. It appears to me that there is no setting that matches the #2 setting of the standard Revo. I with there was. Marco, any chance of an extra timing setting on the TNT? I would like to try a little more since my injectors are fairly small.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:19 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by omaharam
That makes perfect sense to me and is understandable. The TNT Revo is different however. It appears to me that there is no setting that matches the #2 setting of the standard Revo. I with there was. Marco, any chance of an extra timing setting on the TNT? I would like to try a little more since my injectors are fairly small.
This is the type of thing that has got to drive Marco and Bob nuts... Marco had to write me a custom tune to scale back the timing because I was "popping" in a certain rpm/power range due to too much timing. (due to large stix).
Old 05-12-2008, 12:41 PM

Jeeze...things move fast...I am still on 5.1 and loving it. I am kinda old fashoned I guess.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by cquestad
Jeeze...things move fast...I am still on 5.1 and loving it. I am kinda old fashoned I guess.
I wouldn't worry about that. I have the 5.1 and 5.3 and I went back to the 5.1 because it has more timing than the 5.3
Old 05-12-2008, 04:22 PM

We need a good list for each setting stating what it does and when it is intended to be used. This may help some of the confusion on all the timing and other settings.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by cquestad
What is 5.1?
Old 05-12-2008, 05:39 PM

these new tunes seem like a nightmare to figure out,i have no chance, being an idiot on the commputer.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:40 PM

Good...I like more timing than less...5.1 stays.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tritont
Agreed but, others have claimed 50 up to 75psi with no fooler
I see 55+ psi on mine with no boost fooler. I do get an overboost code every once in a while though (even with the WG turned off). It's odd how it doesn't always throw the code at high boost levels, then every so often when I punch it the OB code pops up.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:18 AM
Banned

it must have something to do with the older ECM's.

I got the final word from Bob that the Smarty ONLY fools to 44psi. It's not really fooling either since the ECM will let you boost to that number +/- ( more minus ) without setting codes anyway.

A fooler is required to see higher boosts without codes.... on the new trucks anyway.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

I was just told by a diesel tech of all people that a little bump in rail psi is good for more mpg. I read on here that any additional rail psi will do damage to the injectors. I set my rail psi to stock in my Revo program. Is he right and would it be safe to run the level above stock rail psi? And what is the difference between the stock and default rail psi setting, I thought Smarty didn't add rail psi until the Revo came about?

Quick Reply: Understanding the Smarty softwares