Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Tryin to match factory guages (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/tryin-match-factory-guages-84171/)

wap 11-28-2005 12:26 PM

Tryin to match factory guages

I have been doin some searchin but can seem to find if the isspro or the autometer ultralite guages match the factory guages. I really want witch ever ones match the best at night but I do have a soft spot in my heart for autometer. Sorry if this is a repeat but I couldnt find a comparison of the two doin a seach. And price isnt really an issue cause they both cost about the same. So wich ones match better ultralites or isspro's, and wich isspro's match the best.

Hoss 11-28-2005 12:31 PM

The Isspro Enhanced Visibility gauges are made specifically to match the Dodge gauges.

RamWheelsBy4 11-28-2005 01:04 PM

The Autometer Ultra-Lites do not match the OE gauges at all day or night. They are however a great set of gauges.

tbone 11-28-2005 01:45 PM

I can recommend the ISSPRO's and I also say get them from Diesel Manor. They have day and night pics of them in the Dodge.

http://www.dieselmanor.com/gauges/is...led_images.asp

wap 11-28-2005 01:59 PM

Awsome, thanks for the help fellas I guess isspros it is.
Thanks tbone for the site too.

MedicShawn 11-28-2005 03:51 PM

I have pictures of my Dipricols in my gallery.

Bad Ramer Jamer 11-28-2005 04:03 PM

I just got my ISSPRO'S within the last 1/2 hour. :D :D They look really sharp. I went with the Diesel Manor kit as well.

Unfotunatly I'm kinda screwed. I don't have a garage (that's empty anyway) and now it's turned cold. :rolleyes:

JCLeary 11-28-2005 04:11 PM

No gauges match perfectly. I have the Isspros, and they're close but not a match. The needles are orange at night, and the centers of the gauges are not the same as factory. It is nice that they all have a 270° sweep. At night, the lighting is pretty good, but instead of looking like green on black, it's more like green on lighter green.

The DiPricols look like a perfect match in the daytime, with the red needles and the same centers as the Dodge gauges. Great except for the EGT, which looks terrible, day or night. Also the DP lighting is very inconsistent (from what I've seen) at night. I wanted the DP gauges, but couldn't get past the EGT gauge's looks.

The Autometers look cool, why not go with them? At least you're not trying to match and then be unsuccessful.

Any of the gauges are quality gauges. Go with what you like. I picked Isspro.

wap 11-28-2005 04:52 PM

Anybody have any pics of the autometers at nigh, or could tell me what they look like at night?

Loco.Breath 11-28-2005 08:57 PM

I have the Autometer white faced Phantom gauges in mine. They look great in the daylight, and at night they have a bit of a indigo glow without being too bright.

bbhzx12 11-28-2005 09:43 PM

The Autometer Lunar gauges are the same shade as the OEM dash lights. The gauges match when off almost perfectly, only differance is that with the lights on the gauge face lights up instead of the numbers, i think they look great with the OEM dash lights.

runamuk 11-28-2005 09:44 PM

I have Stewart Warner guages. I got them from hotroddeisel.com , MDW

Not only did Michael supply everything that I needed including a new PML trans pan for just over $400.00, he walked me through some of the installation procedures over the phone! (internet was down that day)!

That is what they call taking care of your customers!

Thanks again Michael aka MDW

Rick

alltimelow1 11-30-2005 06:50 AM

I got those Autometer Phantom gauges also - They look perfect during the day - at night they light the whole face instead of just the numbers but, I have gotten used to it and think it looks pretty "hot rod" now