Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Tripledog problems (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/tripledog-problems-141876/)

kelley15 03-15-2007 09:45 PM

Tripledog problems

I have been talking to Bullydog about 2 issues I am having . When I select low end power my transmission forgets how to shift. When I don't select it ,I have no extra power unless I punch it. I don't want top end power that much .I am not a racer.
Problem # 2 is.. When installing program when it gets to the install low end power question it just skips over it before I press yes or no. I talked to a tech named Jason(very nice) today and he said the shifting problem is only happening to 06 models. He said they are working on a fix but doesn't know when it might happen.

ANYONE else having these issues???
JUSTIN1MC can you shed any lite on this problem?

RunninLean 03-15-2007 09:53 PM

I had the same issue! There is a TSB on the shift issue ( surging/ hard shift under 15 mph with a light peddel?) It is made alot worse with the low end torque option loaded. I had to uninstall the TD and reinstallit to change the LET option as I could not install over the exsisting program to turn it off.

You make just as much power you just have to put your foot in it more. Hope this helps!

kelley15 03-15-2007 09:56 PM

You wouldn,t happen to know the TSB # do you? I have to punch it hard to get anything extra. There is nothing there in the low rpm s where I want it.

PG4x4 03-15-2007 10:08 PM

I noticed that same thing on mine. Only thing is asoon as I put it on the added low end, on tow mod it started to slip my tc when it would goto downshift outta od.

RunninLean 03-15-2007 10:09 PM

# 35325553AR It is a software flash so if you reinstall your BDTD it will not have the upgrade. I left the LET option off as BD has yet to update there DL with this new software upgrade. I would not suggest getting the flash unless you want to run stock untill BD adds this change.

Good luck

kelley15 03-15-2007 10:18 PM

RunninLean great info , Thanks. PG4x4 are you sure it is slipping. mine is not slipping, it just acts like the transmission can't decide what to do.

RunninLean 03-15-2007 10:32 PM

Here is a link to another thread with a guy who had a built tranny with same issues.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=140460

blowfo356 03-15-2007 10:34 PM

Yes, for sure its a slip, the TC and Tranny in my are currently being replaced, before and with the BD my tranny did the surge/hunt at low speed-up hill type driving

rkelley 03-16-2007 03:58 AM

kelley15 - what version of the BDDL are you running? v2.3.8 seems to work very well for me. I had the same issues as you have and the new version fixed the shift problem.

rockittboy 03-16-2007 04:08 AM

I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEMS FOR OVER A YEAR NOW!!! I thought i was the only one. i am currently sending my whole setup back to BD in the hopes they can look into it and fix it. ive been having the tranny shudder problems, no power down low, etc....lets hope they can fix it up

kelley15 03-16-2007 05:29 AM

I am running 2.3.8 as well. I sure hope they can fix the problem as well.

Snojumper 03-16-2007 08:20 AM

Bully Dog and tranny issues go hand in hand...... You dodge guys arent the only one. $10 says that Bully Dog releases and shift enhancer kit to resolve your issues like they had to do with the 01-05 Allison and the 94-03 Ford. When your tranny goes out they will say that you abused it and the stock transmission wasnt built for that, too bad. I am getting calls at lease once a week for this issue with the Dodge and even more with the Allison going into LIMP mode (when the truck is locked into 3rd gear).

be careful...............

rkelley 03-16-2007 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Snojumper (Post 1410698)
Bully Dog and tranny issues go hand in hand...... You dodge guys arent the only one. $10 says that Bully Dog releases and shift enhancer kit to resolve your issues like they had to do with the 01-05 Allison and the 94-03 Ford. When your tranny goes out they will say that you abused it and the stock transmission wasnt built for that, too bad. I am getting calls at lease once a week for this issue with the Dodge and even more with the Allison going into LIMP mode (when the truck is locked into 3rd gear).

be careful...............

Thanks for (yet) another confirmation. I am just about to pull the trigger for the new Diablo Predator/Power Puck Combo for my '06. I don't want to trash my new tranny...

RunninLean 03-16-2007 09:28 AM

A buddy of mine just dumped his Diablo do to his tranny acting up while running it. I have not heard anybody complain about that issue with the smarty.

kelley15 03-17-2007 07:13 PM

Well, the transmission shifting funny is pretty common from what I am hearing from you guys.

How many of you are having it skip the low end torque option selection??? It is very annoying because tou have to go back and re select it.