3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Triple Dog. Make sure you return to stock before upgrading software

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Triple Dog. Make sure you return to stock before upgrading software

Make sure you return your vehicle to stock before you upgrade your triple dog. I did not do t his and now I have a vin mismatch when I try to return the truck to stock. Apparently I have to send it in for a reflash. I wish it was printed in the manual in big letters. I did find a suggestion to return the vehicle to stock before upgrading the DL version. That suggestion was in the pdf file on the website, not in the manual...oh well.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Banned

every time I upgrade one it asks if you have returned your vehicle to stock. its makes you click ok before you can continue.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Smokeman
Make sure you return your vehicle to stock before you upgrade your triple dog. I did not do t his and now I have a vin mismatch when I try to return the truck to stock. Apparently I have to send it in for a reflash. I wish it was printed in the manual in big letters. I did find a suggestion to return the vehicle to stock before upgrading the DL version. That suggestion was in the pdf file on the website, not in the manual...oh well.
I love my bullydog power pup.I do agree there owners manual is pretty poor on instructions. coobie

Last edited by wannadiesel; 03-24-2006 at 07:21 PM. Reason: misspelled vulgarity
Old 03-24-2006, 06:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PimpRohr
every time I upgrade one it asks if you have returned your vehicle to stock. its makes you click ok before you can continue.
YUP!!
Mike
###
Old 03-24-2006, 07:19 PM

so you just click on the stock option theres nothing that says uninstall from truck or anything??
Old 03-24-2006, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by PimpRohr

I went through the version upgrade and it never asked me at anytime if I had returned the truck to stock. When I went to the truck to return the truck to stock and install the new program I had a vin mismatch. So now I guess it needs a reflash to work.

If I bought another new downloader would I be able to use it on my truck with it not being returned to stock? Would it reflash it?
Old 03-24-2006, 10:01 PM

I was in the same boat as you all are. My Bully dog gave me the vin mismatch I took it back to the dealer i got it from. He just turned around and gave me a new one. When i tried to load that one it said i needed updates from Dodge plus it gave me a code P0633. I took it in today they recoded my keys and did ECM flash18-037-04 for the hard starts and poor fuel millage.Got it home this evening tried it again and it loaded with no problems.I dont really need the performance it nice but i just like the fact that it does help fuel millage when you dont use a heavy foot.Before i was seeing13 maybey 13.5 mpg . When your driving a 1000 plus miles a week every little bit helps.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Banned

Not sure which update you guys are talking about. I have a power pup for my 04 and the Bully Dog website does not show any upgrades for mine. Am I missing something here? Please let me know. I find it hard to believe that they have nt made any refinements to the original programer.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:24 PM

WSA308 this is for the triple dog downloader. Mine was version 2.0.1 and the new version is 2.2.6.

This is a real pain for me because I am leaving for Arizona for a month next week and I sure can't get this DL to Texas and back before then for the reflash. Plus I'm not absolutely sure what level is even loaded in my truck at the moment because I was doing some switching on the fly yesterday after installation. I'm not real crazy about towing my 11,000 TT not knowing what level I have installed. I do have a pyrometer so I can at least watch that.

horsepoor68 if my dealer can get another unit in before I leave I think he is going to give me a new one and send the old one in for a reflash. So here's hoping his stock shows up before wednesday. And I know I won't make that mistake again.