Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Towing with TNT-R (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/towing-tnt-r-236809/)

Bswope 03-20-2009 06:06 PM

Towing with TNT-R

My Dad just bought himself a HD 7'x12' 12k Bri-Mar dump trailer!! Im just wondering what setting you fellas with TNT-R are running while towing and what you would recommend I try with whats in my sig???

Thanks,
Buddy

Rpainter 03-20-2009 06:36 PM

level 9 that will get you your boost numbers you have been looking for

Bswope 03-20-2009 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rpainter (Post 2426359)
level 9 that will get you your boost numbers you have been looking for

maybe......

pupeperson 03-26-2009 01:23 AM

I have the Revo TNT non R w/ a manual tranny. The highest setting on it for towing heavy that I found was level 1, default timing, stock torque management and rail pressure #3. Anything more aggressive than that and the tranny started making noises under load that I didn't like at all, particularly when you were pulling hard at 1800 - 1900 rpms, which was crusing 60 - 65 mph in high gear.

Whenever you'd hit a little hill on cruise and it spooled up it sounded like the tranny wasn't happy at all. You could hear what sounded like the springs in the SB 3250 dual disc flexing under the torque load and I decided discretion was the better part of valor.

I suppose I could always have down shifted but the whole point was not to have to do that unless the hill was "real." If I'd have wanted to shift, I'd have bought a ford or a gas popper.

RamWheelsBy4 03-26-2009 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by pupeperson (Post 2431775)
I have the Revo TNT non R w/ a manual tranny. The highest setting on it for towing heavy that I found was level 1, default timing, stock torque management and rail pressure #3. Anything more aggressive than that and the tranny started making noises under load that I didn't like at all, particularly when you were pulling hard at 1800 - 1900 rpms, which was crusing 60 - 65 mph in high gear.

Whenever you'd hit a little hill on cruise and it spooled up it sounded like the tranny wasn't happy at all. You could hear what sounded like the springs in the SB 3250 dual disc flexing under the torque load and I decided discretion was the better part of valor.

I suppose I could always have down shifted but the whole point was not to have to do that unless the hill was "real." If I'd have wanted to shift, I'd have bought a ford or a gas popper.

No signature, what mods do you have done on the truck and what year??

Brian Lent 03-26-2009 02:04 PM

I tow on level 1 default everything and it keeps egts in check. with the 64 u have maybe even level 3. I'm switching to a 64-71-13 this summer so we'll see. I've never heard my tranny whining anymore than it does normally.

pupeperson 03-26-2009 05:31 PM

RamWheelsBy4: Sorry about the no info. Truck is an 06 5.9 SRW QC LB w/G-56. TNT non-R; Quadzilla Boost Fooler; SB 3250 12 button DD sprung hub; Fluidampr; 265-70R19.5's on Rickson Steel Wheels; air bags w/ inside control; Reese Signature 18k; Prodigy; traction bars; Bilsteins; modded air filter intake box; PRXB; Isspro guages; Linex; triple steering stabilizers, Klenger rear spring mods; upgraded rear brake pads (FF); balance masters; and some other stuff I'm probably forgetting....

trx 03-26-2009 06:32 PM

I tow with TNT on level 3 timing 3 rp 2 and tm 2. Seems to work good for me. I agree with above comments that to high of a level and the 6 speed does not like it. I have also found that running the rp on 3 means your at 20000 psi or over almost all the time this could be hard on the injectors.

Bswope 03-26-2009 06:56 PM

Thanks for the info fellas!!