3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tnt Timing Question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tnt Timing Question?

just off the phone with the man bob wagner talking about timing for my truck.im currently running timing2 after market injector.thats been the same since day one, never bothered to experiment. bob told me that he would be running 0 default.can somebody give me a quick drill on timing and what the difference is going to be from where i am now.couldnt get into it with him bad timing lol get it bad timing lol. thanks fella's
Old 12-31-2008, 03:11 PM

I'm sure he meant 0 so that you can then choose timing or no timing based on even or odd SWs. The #2 you have been running is the most timing available and 0 would be the same timing on odd SWs but stock timing on even SWs.

# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - for aftermarket injectors
# 3 - for Hugh aftermarket Injectors ( less timing advance than # 2 )
# 4 – for use with NOs ( less timing advance than level # 3 )
Old 12-31-2008, 04:14 PM

that really doesnt clear it up for me .i do run the numbers 1,3, 5 ,7,9.on the smarty.he just said to run the default, which is zero right omaha.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default zero is the same as 2 on odd levels.
Smarty timing on TNT or TNT/R
0 is default,level 2 on odd settings and level 1 on even
1 stock timing
2 advance timing, the most advanced
3 less timing than 2
4 less timing than then 3 but more than 1

1 is the least timing(stock) and 2 is the most.
All timing levels less than 2(3&4) are still more than 1
Old 12-31-2008, 04:40 PM

so basically try to run 0 or 1, and if i dont get any rattle its all good.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It all in what your truck likes. Running empty I run more timing. If I am hauling a load I back the timing down for better spoolup down low.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:49 PM

i dont tow or haul at all, just a quad here and there lol.i guess ill try zero default, and 1 stock timing tommorow, and see how she act's, and see how she sound's. and why did bob wagner tell me to run zero default.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by mulisha
i dont tow or haul at all, just a quad here and there lol.i guess ill try zero default, and 1 stock timing tommorow, and see how she act's, and see how she sound's. and why did bob wagner tell me to run zero default.
Because on zero default you have two timing settings available - #2 on odd SWs and #1 on even SWs. If you set it to default, SW6 and SW7 are the same amount of fueling, but 7 will add the extra timing (#2 timing setting) and 6 will be stock timing (#1 timing setting).
Old 12-31-2008, 06:06 PM

i have some learning to do lol. cunfusing big time. tommorow ill try 1and 3 and see how it act's.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:38 PM

Ive been running #3 timing with the flux 3s.
better spool = less smoke.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:25 PM

I thought on TNT that timing 4 was the least timing for use with NOS thats what it says on Mads anyway # 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock

the higher the number the less the timing for TNT I think REVO is the exact opposite
Old 12-31-2008, 11:49 PM

Revo TNT instructions right off of Mads site.

Injection Timing:
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
The odd numbered SW's ( 1,3,5,7 & 9 ) use the advanced timing and the even numbered SW's ( 2,4,6 & 8 ) use the stock timing.
This is only true if you do not adjust the options! With the Revo you can choose ANY timing you want, no matter if the Catcher you'll
download is odd or even! You CAN, add timing to the software's that have none, or use the stock timing in the odd # ones. Your
pleasure....
Old 01-01-2009, 12:09 AM

Ok, for me I run sw7, tq3 rp3 and tm 3. So with my DDP 90's and twins I should probably run the timing on 1. Sw 7 has advanced timing already in the sw right. so by me changing the timing to 3 in the options menu, I have added more timing than the advanced timing marco has already worked into the odd sw. Correct... or am wrong,
Old 01-01-2009, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by DUKCALN
Ok, for me I run sw7, tq3 rp3 and tm 3. So with my DDP 90's and twins I should probably run the timing on 1. Sw 7 has advanced timing already in the sw right. so by me changing the timing to 3 in the options menu, I have added more timing than the advanced timing marco has already worked into the odd sw. Correct... or am wrong,
wrong--7 has a default timing of #2---If you are running timing #3 then you are running LESS timing than default
Old 01-01-2009, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by mulisha
just off the phone with the man bob wagner talking about timing for my truck.im currently running timing2 after market injector.thats been the same since day one, never bothered to experiment. bob told me that he would be running 0 default.can somebody give me a quick drill on timing and what the difference is going to be from where i am now.couldnt get into it with him bad timing lol get it bad timing lol. thanks fella's
So how I see what Bob was saying to you is this, Run the odd # sw and only adjust tq and rp nd leave the timing on default. Basically by not adjusting the tiing in the option menu you are running the advanced timing marco has mapped in the odd sw. In short he id telling you to run marcos timing he worked into the odd sw. Correct. And if you want to adjust timing run even sw and then change the timing to what ever you want in the option menu. I guess I am understanding it

Quick Reply: Tnt Timing Question?