3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

tasha's twins

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 05:18 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That would be your block Brandon!!! I wanted to kill two birds with a single stone tomorrow.

I cant wait to pick it up and see the final product. We have the makings of a very serious engine going together here Bud! Life is good!

Don~
Old 08-02-2005, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See ya tommorrow.....

This should be fun... Bring the kiddo's and wife if ya wanna Don.

J
Old 08-02-2005, 11:19 PM
DTR Advertiser

I just finished getting all my things packed up.

OBD-2 Scanner and code resetter, Laptop for programming, a few boxes, etc.

We can have this thing singing in no time

Don~
Old 08-03-2005, 06:57 AM

I can't wait to see how these bb's do over time. So far as far as I know the only bb to come out was the edge/dd, and wasn't it recalled due to probs?
Old 08-03-2005, 10:21 PM

DYNO stuff.....

Thanks for the compliments guys. We spent most of the day today at the Dyno adjusting,tweaking,tuning,suffocating , and drinking MONSTER energy drinks.

Tasha is now acclimated to the dyno routine and is dying to get to the track.

We spent alot of time finding where the best power was coming from on the TST and the STOCK fuel system. 6x6 was the best setting overall.

We rolled out a best run of 524 HP. Don M was there to do some fine tuning but with our STOCK wimpy fuel system there wasn't much to be gained. His tuning DID, however, help out with the street manners.

This is the most streetable setup that I have been in or driven making this decent level of power.

I am very impressed with the direction Don is taking on his power tuner/box. It is a nice setup.

It is safe to say that we will be putting on a fuel system very soon.

James

Ps I am really interested in how long these BB turbos will last too... I am NOT as concerned running this in a twin configuration. I might be concerned about the T70 as a single making 54psi.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:50 PM
DTR Advertiser

I have never seen a Common rail truck make 524 HP with a stock lift pump and in a 104 degree shop! I think you have a winner there James once we get some fuel supply.

I wondered how it drove on the street after we left the dyno. I need a shower. I was fryin today.

Thanks for a good time.

Don~
Old 08-04-2005, 09:19 AM

On a stock lift pump? Wow...I was down almost 100 hp before my Scotty Smart Fuel system went in.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:53 AM

Don, Thank you for helping to make my truck purr.

Thank you everyone for all the compliments and support.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:33 PM

I for one believe that the compliments that were given were well deserved. It's a sweet set up & I am still drooling over your truck
Old 08-08-2005, 09:54 AM

sounds like y'al had a decent time at the dyno, now james get the fuel to it.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:50 AM

Any updates? What A/R exhaust housings are on both chargers? Is the t70 laggy at all? T3 inlet or T4?

brandon.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:10 AM

That set of twinsare realy sweat you have to be very proud .{NICE].
Dale
Old 09-04-2005, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by joefarmer
Any updates? What A/R exhaust housings are on both chargers? Is the t70 laggy at all? T3 inlet or T4?

brandon.
Tasha is away at Baylor U now so we are limited to the weekends as far as tuning. We DID install a FUEL PREPORATOR which is awesome but had issue with the purchase of the product(LONG STORY).
The Fuel Preporator and 1/2 inch lines, including a new pickup tube made a HUGE difference in the FUEL ECONOMY. We are seeing a 4mpg increase in some cases and almost always see 3 mpg gains. Is this what the 3rd Gen needs for fuel economy? More FUEL or cleaner less aerated fuel? I don't know for sure but it is a pretty noticable increase especially at 3.00 per gallon.
The exhaust housing on the T70 is a VERY small .58.
The T91 is a 1.00 housing. The T70 is FAR from being laggy it is very impressive. The surge is sometimes real apearant but not really an issue. The T91 is spinning at idle.
We WILL be deleting the BOV(being used to control intake boost levels). It is working real well as a BOV but it cannot hold anything over 70 PSI and this set seems to run really well at 80-83 psi. Wastegate set at 20-22 psi. The BOV is extremely fast as a pressure release and in fact it sounds like someone set off a string of fireworks at 80 psi. There is no issue of turbo runaway because it opens and closes so rapidly.
I laid out 2 different burnouts today and both were in excess of 80 feet and both ended at the topside of 2nd gear(automatic). Fun truck!

I have another project going now that is a 2005 motor and electronics going into a 2001 4x4 Quad Cab. We will be installing a Full Blown Suncoast 48re in it also. JB HALE (torquemech) is helping out with the wrenching and Bling on most of the job. I have already picked out the TURBO SYSTEM that will be employed on that truck and it should be a fun one as well.

J
Old 09-04-2005, 03:27 PM

Incredible! I never figured the entrained-air theory would lead to a fuel mileage increase. I also was expecting a larger housing on the t70. My research leads me to believe the stock 35 housing is .66 a/r (which seems well mapped to the stock levels). I wonder what spoolup would be with a .88 or 1.00 housing on the t70.

brandon.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by joefarmer
Incredible! I never figured the entrained-air theory would lead to a fuel mileage increase. I also was expecting a larger housing on the t70. My research leads me to believe the stock 35 housing is .66 a/r (which seems well mapped to the stock levels). I wonder what spoolup would be with a .88 or 1.00 housing on the t70.

brandon.
There are several larger housings available but for our purpose we wanted a tiny housing and used a 50mm wastegate. So you can see now why the T70 spools up like mad, the ex. housing looks like it is not much larger than the wheel inside it! And also of note, it is a HUGE wheel.

J

I think the 3rd Gen is going to be the one that sees the most improvement from high flow, high pressure, clean fuel. I ran a Fuel preporator on a 24 valve second gen before and noticed modest economic gains and decent SOP power increases, turbo spool up, and quieter idle but the 3rd Gen is responding way better. I wonder if it is because they dont do as well as the 2nd Gens in the fuel economy department from the factory? Maybe there is so much more to be had from the Common Rail in regards to fuel economy...

Quick Reply: tasha's twins