Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Suspension Gurus help needed..... (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/suspension-gurus-help-needed-144813/)

CDoskocil9 04-03-2007 07:56 PM

Suspension Gurus help needed.....

Now I think I want the truck a little taller.... It is a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 with the Kore Chase System Installed..... I was thinking of maybe adding a 1inch leveling kit up front and then adding the bottom overload back to the rear which should keep my truck level....... The problems I see with all this are the control arms and the track bar which are both stock..... Will I be ok with the stockers for awhile or will they both need to be changed with another inch of lift..... By the way where can I get a 1inch leveling kit......
Thanks for any help[guitar]

Cowhand 04-03-2007 11:40 PM

1" won't make a big difference with the front....it'll kick the axle to the left slightly and pull the tire a little closer to the fender. If you can find a 1" coil spacer....you can jack the frame up an inch and see how your clearances look. Factory CA's are okay up to 3-3.5". Eventually you'll want some 1/2" longer CA's to push the axle forward.

Putting the overload back in the rear spring pack isn't worth the inch you'll gain, it'll kill what ride quality you have.

Do you have KORE add a packs in the rear?

I'd recommend leaving it alone until you get the track bar, then get the 3" springs from Sage Carli or Don Thuren. Sage runs a 37" tire with his front spring and until recently, was doing it with the factory control arms. You'll like Sage/Don's springs better too, lighter spring rate works way better. If you don't have the add a pack, get it- that'll give you another 1" or so additional ride height and get the rears working like they should.

F/R springs will run you under $800 and it'll ride light years better, as well as perform to the limits of your shocks.

nriver 04-04-2007 07:50 AM

not sure if you will have shock issues going with 1" more lift. There may be some issues there. bottom out or over extend. Not sure on the latest kore/fox kit.

You will get 1 more inch when you go to the 37s, im sure you know that. Looks like you are also going with the glassworks fenders. These typically take care of needing longer control arms. They will also make it look like you have more lift. Higher upper fender line. Post some pics when you get that done. Ive been thinking about them.
The track bar is a good idea if you start having problems.

I currentley run 37s with 3" springs up front. Stock control arms and track bar. I did mod the fenders to eliminate some rub.

I think it sits fairly level with this setup. If you have not seen pics, i will post some.

Speed Shift 04-04-2007 08:12 AM

You will be fine with 1 more inch of lift.

ptgarcia 04-04-2007 10:31 AM

Now would be a good time to replace the track bar. And Don may be able to help you with 1" spacers.

Don't add the overload back in. If anything add a 1" block or have the overload cut down into a block.

Lsufan78 04-04-2007 01:14 PM

i agree with pauly...just have your overload cut down to about 8"s long and that'll give you the 1" you need. that's what i did with my carli add-a-pack.

later, dustin

TX_Diesel 04-04-2007 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia (Post 1442907)
Now would be a good time to replace the track bar. And Don may be able to help you with 1" spacers.

Don't add the overload back in. If anything add a 1" block or have the overload cut down into a block.

won't that add more axle wrap. I would think if you want to do it right, get a new spring pack that gives you the amount of lift you desire with the best possible ride quality and least amount of axle wrap.

2 cents

ptgarcia 04-04-2007 02:24 PM

It's just an inch so I don't think axle wrap will be a problem, especially if he has the KORE spring pack.

CDoskocil9 04-04-2007 05:18 PM

Yes I do have the Kore spring pack........... My setup rides great off road but man these Kore coils are stiff..............Thanks for the help guys

Lsufan78 04-04-2007 10:16 PM

don't know why i didn't think about it earlier, but you could also get don to make you a longer shackle.

later, dustin

kurt b 04-05-2007 12:22 AM

Kore Suspension

Originally Posted by CDoskocil9 (Post 1443524)
Yes I do have the Kore spring pack........... My setup rides great off road but man these Kore coils are stiff..............Thanks for the help guys

Hey CDoskocil9 how's it going, I was under the impression that the Kore suspension not only dramatically changed the ride and handling offroad but gets rid of that nasty freeway hop at around 70mph caused by the overload spring. With the mini deaver spring pack it should ride great. Are the front coils stiffer than stock? I thought they were progressive rate? I was hoping to add the Kore Recon or Chase suspension to my truck but if it rides like you say, I'm wondering if it is worth the money? What do you think? kurt b

ptgarcia 04-05-2007 12:34 AM

Forget about KORE. I'd look to Don Thuren or Sage Carli.

CDoskocil9 04-05-2007 08:30 AM

Honestly I think I will have to agree with PTGarcia I have never ridden in a carli or thuren truck but I can tell you I have some ideas in mind including 3in shocks by next year and carli and don were the only ones willing to help with my custom setup therefore I wont be buying anymore KORE products........
On a side note I know for a fact that Kores Coils are stiffer than carli's........

kurt b 04-05-2007 10:53 PM

Hey PT, thanks for the reply. I don't want alot of lift just a better ride and stance. I looked at the sites and their kits seemed very expensive, but were very complete. By the way, is that you hitting from the red tees there??? :)

ptgarcia 04-05-2007 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by kurt b (Post 1445936)
Hey PT, thanks for the reply. I don't want alot of lift just a better ride and stance. I looked at the sites and their kits seemed very expensive, but were very complete. By the way, is that you hitting from the red tees there??? :)

Yeah, that's me [redface]. We were camping, and you can't see it but our travel trailer was right there. That's a par three, so my boy and I were getting some shots in between the "paying" golfers [nonono]. If you look closely you can see my son was amazed at my mad skills.....[laugh]