3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smarty Timing

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty Timing

does anyone know for sure what levels have more timing than the others?
I know stock is stock,but is default more than #2?
I've heard different answers!
I also am aware that the revo is diff than tnt revo,but what's the scoop on the timing options? I'm not reffering to what degrees, but what #'s have more and what #'s have less timing.
It would be nice to know for both revo and tnt revo-clarity
Old 09-15-2008, 11:58 AM

default is the smarty's original timing so it is higher timing then stock

danny
Old 09-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Banned

I understand that on revo , the dault is more than stock,and #4 is the most advanced,but where does #2 and #3 fall in place?
Also what about tnt timing,where do all the settings fall in place?
Old 09-15-2008, 12:12 PM

im not sure about the plain revo but on the tnt 2 is retarded timing for aftermarket injectors 3 is more retarded for big aftermarket injectors and 4 is the most retarded timing
Old 09-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Banned

ok, so the tnt's default is the most advanced.
revo's timing #4 is most advanced? and timing 1(stock) is less advanced?
Old 09-15-2008, 01:02 PM

yes thats right
Old 09-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dwitt0187
yes thats right
ok, thanks! I'm just trying to find the best settings for mpg
Old 09-15-2008, 07:40 PM

good luck! mpg are always good just be careful of the hidden egts with more timing

danny
Old 09-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Banned

has anyone tried the smarty jr in comparison to the revo or even the tnt revo in regards to mpg and smoke?
i'm wanting the best mpg and little to no smoke while towing.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dwitt0187
im not sure about the plain revo but on the tnt 2 is retarded timing for aftermarket injectors 3 is more retarded for big aftermarket injectors and 4 is the most retarded timing
So if the tnt-r #2 timing is for aftermarket, #3 is for big injectors, How BIG are we talking HP wise?
Old 09-19-2008, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by coreydr2003
So if the tnt-r #2 timing is for aftermarket, #3 is for big injectors, How BIG are we talking HP wise?
i dont think there is a actual number but for some people the bigger there injector is the more rattle they get do to more timing. so they put that setting on there to help people get rid of the timing rattle.

danny
Old 09-20-2008, 02:38 AM

Copied from Smartypower.com

REVO Injection Timing:
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - for stock injectors
# 3 - for aftermarket Injectors ( less timing advance than # 2 )
# 4 - for fuel economy ( more timing advance than level # 2 )
Important! The odd numbered SW's ( 1,3,5,7 & 9 ) use the advanced timing and the even numbered SW's ( 2,4,6 & 8 ) use the stock timing.

This is only true if you don't adjust the options! With the Revo you can choose ANY timing you want, no matter if the Catcher you'll download is odd or even! You CAN, add timing to the software's that have none, or use the stock timing in the odd # ones. Your pleasure.... By definition for all adjustable options the default is # 2. EXCEPT for the timing. The timing has two defaults. # 1 for the even numbered SW's ( stock timing ) # 2 for the odd numbered SW ( advanced timing ). To avoid confusion and to help the customer in returning all levels to default ( if need be ), key # 0 is used to return Smarty back to the default levels. This is most important for the timing. When Smarty is set back to default with key # 0, the even numbered software's will use the stock timing and the odd numbered ones the advanced timing.

TNT Injector Timing

Injection Timing:
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - for aftermarket injectors
# 3 - for Huge aftermarket Injectors ( less timing advance than # 2 )
# 4 – for use with NOS ( less timing advance than level # 3 )
The odd numbered SW's ( 1,3,5,7 & 9 ) use the advanced timing and the even numbered SW's ( 2,4,6 & 8 ) use the stock timing. This is only true if you do not adjust the options! With the Revo you can choose ANY timing you want, no matter if the Catcher you'll download is odd or even! You CAN, add timing to the software's that have none, or use the stock timing in the odd # ones. Your pleasure.... By definition for all adjustable options the default is # 2. EXCEPT for the timing. The timing has two defaults. # 1 for the even numbered SW's ( stock timing ) # 2 for the odd numbered SW ( advanced timing ). To avoid confusion and to help the customer in returning all levels to default ( if need be ), key # 0 is used to return Smarty back to the default levels.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by coreydr2003
My TNT(R) settings

I run Flux 2.5's and Flux 3.3's on Timing #1. There is a tiny bit of rattle (barely audible) with the 3.3's on this setting.
I run the Flux 4.4's on Timing #2 and use Timing #3 for nitrous (2 stages).

Every truck and setup needs to be tuned accordingly.
On a new setup I might start with #4 timing setting and progressively try higher (closer to stock) settings until I run into timing rattle....If it rattles much at all I back it down.

Adjust one setting at a time (High torque management settings can cause a rattle because of aggressive rail pressure ramps....Softer tq management will let you run more overall timing....There is a trade off there.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Snapoff
My TNT(R) settings

I run Flux 2.5's and Flux 3.3's on Timing #1. There is a tiny bit of rattle (barely audible) with the 3.3's on this setting.
I run the Flux 4.4's on Timing #2 and use Timing #3 for nitrous (2 stages).
I'm confused as usual with TNT timing.As I read the Smarty timing explanation, timing 2 is advanced and timing 1 is stock.I interpret this as 2 has more timing than 1.Am I reading this wrong

Now you list that with your smaller inj. you use timing 1 and with larger you use timing 2.I'm lost ,someone help!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by homewrecker
I'm confused as usual with TNT timing.As I read the Smarty timing explanation, timing 2 is advanced and timing 1 is stock.I interpret this as 2 has more timing than 1.Am I reading this wrong

Now you list that with your smaller inj. you use timing 1 and with larger you use timing 2.I'm lost ,someone help!
Smarty has great tunes, but lack clarity in instructions

I see it like you do.#2 is less advanced than #1 due to the rattle caused by the bigger holes.

I'd like to know if default or #2 is more advanced on regular revo.

Quick Reply: Smarty Timing