Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Smarty Question (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/smarty-question-186217/)

Roebuck9 01-08-2008 07:47 PM

Smarty Question

I run the the 4.11 B Moderate Torque Management on my Smarty on level 7. I want to know how long my stock clutch and stock turbo will hold up before they burn up. I was hammerin down (spinnin my tires) the other day and it slipped for the first time and i have since been taking it easy on it! But I love what the Smarty has done to my truck!

P.J 01-08-2008 08:04 PM

I don't really even get what the different TQ management versions do for us manual guys. I mean, if it is designed to de-fuel during shifts.......?

Seems like that would only apply to the automatics, seeing as we lose all boost upon shifting anyway.
That being said, my South Bend DD doesn't seem to mind the "Wild" set on #9. [guitar]

I would say take it easy unless you are currently saving for a clutch. Driving style is king when trying to stretch out clutch life. Romping on it in 5th, dumping the clutch at 3K rpms and all forms of tire smoking should be avoided if possible.[redface]

N.Johnson 01-08-2008 08:16 PM

Smarty, mod. tm. level 7, stock turbo and no gauges...........good luck with that!

Roebuck9 01-08-2008 08:20 PM

Gauges are on the way. I am getting them next week!

rip 112 01-08-2008 08:27 PM

I run level 7 moderate, have been for quite awhile now. I just don't get into it too soon. I have 77,500 miles on the clock. Still holding strong. Once you slip it once you know what it takes to make it slip, so change your driving style accordingly. The tq managements really just determine the sensitivity of the pedal from 0-100%, and how much fuel is allowed at takeoff.

P.J 01-08-2008 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by rip 112 (Post 1880270)
The tq managements really just determine the sensitivity of the pedal from 0-100%, and how much fuel is allowed at takeoff.

Huh, I didn't know that.

JThiessen 01-10-2008 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Roebuck9 (Post 1880162)
I run the the 4.11 B Moderate Torque Management on my Smarty on level 7. I want to know how long my stock clutch and stock turbo will hold up before they burn up. I was hammerin down (spinnin my tires) the other day and it slipped for the first time and i have since been taking it easy on it! But I love what the Smarty has done to my truck!

They will last until they go out........................[coffee]

Fire Rescue124 01-10-2008 07:52 PM

my still running strong with about 20K with the smarty and about 10K with Wild TM on 7 and i am not very nice to it. but i would turn it down to 5 at the most till you get some gauges or a monitor. if you keep on the way you are it will be sooner than you want that you will be fixing alot more than a clutch and just a turbo. GET Gauges NOW[dummy]