3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Smarty mounting question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty mounting question.

So, now that some of us have our Smarty PODs, what are you all doing about mounting the Smarty in the truck? I have an 04.5 6 speed that has that hole in the dash, but the Smarty slides out of it if you accelerate too fast. Also, has anyone got one of those odb II to serial port connectors with the 90 degree odb II connector to work? Using the stock interface intrudes on my clutch leg area and I think that would give me more room. Yesterday the connector just fell out of the connections when my leg touched it.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the POD for? I just got my Smarty JR last week.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:40 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The OBD connector just unsnaps form the knee blocker plate it is mounted to. Just take it loose from there and connect the cord to wherever you want to and just run a zip tie around it and the Smarty's cord. If it becomes necessary to need the OBD in it's normal way, then just snap it back into it's hole.

Chris
Old 10-19-2008, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by ratlratl
The OBD connector just unsnaps form the knee blocker plate it is mounted to. Just take it loose from there and connect the cord to wherever you want to and just run a zip tie around it and the Smarty's cord. If it becomes necessary to need the OBD in it's normal way, then just snap it back into it's hole.

Chris

Thanks for that tip! I guess I could keep the Smarty in the center compartment between the seats and open it when I need to punch in the numbers.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SCCSURF
POD is Power On Demand. If you want it you have to pay to have the Jr you just purchased upgraded.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by SCCSURF
I have one of the old Smarty S04's that I have been keeping up with the new softwares that Marco has been developing. Sometimes it and the S06 model for the newer truck are referred to as the Smarty Sr. They have the 9 different levels of programming and the Revo program allow adjustments of certain elements of the programs, such as rail pressure, timing, torque management, and waste gate control, to allow customized settings of each of the 9 level. (Deep breath)

The POD or Power On Demand, allows the operator to program in the most radical of the programs and then limit it to a percentage of what the maximum output would be by punching in a couple of numbers from 00-99 to limit the output of the motor.

The lower numbers make lower horsepower, but... it increases fuel economy! The trick thing about it, you can leave your Smarty plugged in as you drive around on 45, putting out about 180 horsepower, but when that PS Ford gets in your way, you punch in 99 (see signature below) and drive around him.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by RonsRig
So, now that some of us have our Smarty PODs, what are you all doing about mounting the Smarty in the truck? I have an 04.5 6 speed that has that hole in the dash, but the Smarty slides out of it if you accelerate too fast.
Check out this place. www.rammount.com They have mounting solutions for just about anything. Found them while looking for better way to mount my Garmin GPS.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by ratlratl

Chris
Well, mine does not want to unsnap too easy. It might have one of those pesky locking device that I cannot see or figure out. Can you be more explicit? I hate to get in there and fat finger something and break it.

Ron