3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Quick way to see if Smarty software is upgraded in hardware? Did I do this right?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick way to see if Smarty software is upgraded in hardware? Did I do this right?

I remember somebody saying that you could press a key in Smarty when you first turned it on, can't remember details, that would let you know what software was on it? I recently upgraded (or attempted to-guess I'll find out) the software from the 'stock' software (that came with it) to the old 4.4 beta (that Bob W. sent me a long time ago, but I never loaded) I believe I followed instructions (although I didn't set the truck back to stock before upgrading the Smarty box, I don't know whether I should have, by time I thought of it, I had the Smarty already erasing the old software)
the software I unzipped and loaded was smt4beta44_47.7z and the actual driver thingy was smt4beta44_47.smt.
How do you set the torque management (or can you?) in this? Also, is there anyway to do the aftermarket turbo/stock injectors settings?
As you can tell, this is my first upgrade to the box. I checked out the MAD's site, saw all the new software, but didn't want to get 'locked' into the new software w/o the option of trying the beta's (although I've heard that there are 'new' beta's for those who are 'locked out' of the old software because they didn't follow this https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=173230
(the 'Attention Smarty 4.X users-important information' post in the 'sticky')
Sorry for the newbie questions, thanks in advance for any info-
Old 04-20-2008, 03:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
no key to push. as soon as power is applied to the smarty read the left and right side numbers.

you have to be quick
Old 04-20-2008, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Bob. Looks like it worked, it said V:4.06D D:BTA44.
Is there a way to manage torque levels? My transmission is upgraded!
Is there similar software to the 4.4 (and 4.2 and 4.3) beta after you go to the new software?
Old 04-20-2008, 07:34 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you are talking about TM, then they are set and not adjustable within the program. Beta 4.4 is already a mod TM. 4.3 is wild...

When you get Revo TNT, then you can do all that choosin' yourself.