3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quadzilla Recon XZT!

Old 08-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Quadzilla Recon XZT!

Quadzilla Recon XZT

In 2005 Quadzilla introduced the Xzillaraider XZT series of power modules. The XZT series made such a powerful impact in the diesel performance industry that we felt we could not stop with just the power module. The XZT series is know for being an affordable, effective, and reliable solution to your diesel performance needs. All XZT products are simple to use and simple to install.

New for 2006 Quadzilla is bringing you the RECON XZT gauge. The Recon utilizes a 4 digit 7 segment display that is easy to use in all lighting conditions. To navigate the menu system we used our custom elastomer buttons. This 3 button system is simple to navigate allowing the user to easily flip through the monitored parameters or the menu system. The buttons are backlit for simple navigation at night. The brightness of the Recon is also user adjustable.

This new digital gauge is an incredible value that is packed with features that many products cannot offer even at double the price! The Recon will read EGT, Boost and Transmission/Oil temperature. The RECON can also be upgraded to replace the Transmission/Oil Sensor for a Fuel Pressure kit. The Recon also gives you the ability to set a warning for each parameter monitored. Once a warning is reached the screen will flash that parameter and its current reading. If that was not enough, the Recon will also record the maximum value for each parameter. Amazingly we were able to package all these features into a package that will fit into the palm of your hand!

The Recon is powerful, yet it is very compact. We designed this product to mount on top of the steering column of almost any vehicle you want to mount it in. The Recon will sit on your steering column without obstructing the view of any of your factory gauges. Although we chose the steering column, the compact size allows you to mount the Recon in a variety of places.

Simple installation is also another important feature of all of our XZT products and the Recon is no different. The Recon simply needs to be connected to a 12v power source with the provided fuse taps, a ground source and then connected to the factory and provided sensor and thermocouple. There is no need to try and splice into the factory wiring for power or to light your gauge. There is also no need for an expensive a-pillar mount and custom paint to make it match. This is the easiest and most economical solution to monitoring your engine vitals available.

Do not let the size, affordability, and simplicity of this product fool you, this is an extremely accurate and efficient product. We guarantee you will not find a more accurate, fast responding gauge anywhere.

* 4 Digit 7 Segment display * Adjustable Brightness * Extremely Compact * Monitors EGT, Boost, * Trans/Oil or Fuel Pressure * Simple Installation * Extremely Accurate * Tattle Tale feature for all Parameters * User defined warnings * Extremely Affordable

* 94-06 Powerstroke * 98-06 Cummins * 01-06 Duramax Call 304-952-6896 for DTR Member Price!
Old 08-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Palm Top Commander.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:04 PM

Man this looks just like what I have been looking for. What's the price range?
Old 08-08-2006, 10:10 PM

http://www.quadzillapower.com/prod_recon.html

This link has RETAIL pricing available on it. No doubt it can be had for less in the DTR Performance Shop
Old 08-08-2006, 11:56 PM

Quad,

Very nice looking product! Is it available today and are the installation instructions available so I can get a better idea on what's involved? Also, do you have any pictures that better illustrate it's size?

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2008, 07:12 PM

So I just installed this monitor today, and cannot read the numbers when the sunlight hits it. I mounted it on my steering column, and then on my dash board, and now it is down by my right knee on top of my elec brake controller. I can read it there, but it is too hard to see with the steering wheel in the way.
I can navigate through all 3 brightness modes and it is on the brightest. I can read it very well when my garage.
Any suggestions??
Old 07-26-2008, 10:43 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan_K
So I just installed this monitor today, and cannot read the numbers when the sunlight hits it. I mounted it on my steering column, and then on my dash board, and now it is down by my right knee on top of my elec brake controller. I can read it there, but it is too hard to see with the steering wheel in the way.
I can navigate through all 3 brightness modes and it is on the brightest. I can read it very well when my garage.
Any suggestions??
I have the same problem with my TST and snow... just pointing out that is not the only product with that issue.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Try it on the lefthand side of the dash right above the vent. I have no issues with it there and can see it when needed. I also have 35% tint on my front windows though and that keeps the glare down quite a bit.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:36 AM

I'm just using the 3m foam double sided tape, so it's easy enough to move. I'll try it under the vent on the left side.
I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out if there was a protective film on it even trying to pick it with a razor.
Its not too bad down by my knee, I mainly wanted the tranny temp, and you only need to glance at that when concerned.