Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Quad pressure/stacking? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/quad-pressure-stacking-100726/)

wap 04-24-2006 07:39 PM

Quad pressure/stacking?

I know some of this has been discussed but after searching couldnt find a clear cut answer, so...

What pressure does the race box put out at level 1, 2, 3?

Until recently I heard that you could NOT stack the quad except dodgezilla put the 3.2 on an SO. But now I see several people runnin the bddl and ez with quads box. This aint very safe is it?

For some reason I am peranoid about cracking an injector but I really want more power, I understand I need a clutch, turbo and fp but I would like to plan ALL of this out befor I start. FP doesnt matter wich one, prolly go with a 62 series turbo and the new ofe for the g56. But I want to know if I should scap the quad for 2 other boxes or if I can make 500 with the quad and another chip.
I am sure I forgot something but this is a start.
Thanks for any help.

And quad if you read this or anybody for that matter I love the race box (had some problems but Jeremy took care of me and all is well) I just need (not want, you understand) more power and I wouldnt mind puttin on a smoke show every once in a while

texaspower19 04-24-2006 07:43 PM

ive only drooped 1 injector so far,and probaly more too come

wap 04-24-2006 07:48 PM

Tx, you are one of the ones I was refering to runnin the bddl, I have been watchin your posts lately.

Only one, how many miles you got?
Did you get it replaced under warrenty?

texaspower19 04-24-2006 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by wap
Tx, you are one of the ones I was refering to runnin the bddl, I have been watchin your posts lately.

Only one, how many miles you got?
Did you get it replaced under warrenty?

i got bout 24k and yes it was replaced under warranty, more things will probaly break once i get a clutch, probaly turbo boost is high :o

texaspower19

wap 04-24-2006 08:04 PM

With the mods in my sig I am seein 44lbs of boost.

texaspower19 04-24-2006 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by wap
With the mods in my sig I am seein 44lbs of boost.

i can see 48-50 i guess depends on conditions

wap 04-26-2006 01:20 PM

Anybody else want to chime in?

CTDHokie 04-26-2006 03:48 PM

I'd suggest getting a rail pressure gauge so you can see the real story. If you don't want to do that you can get an idea by taking a voltage reading off of the center pin of the fuel rail sensor with a multi-meter. Just tap into your quad harness.

wap 04-26-2006 06:54 PM

Where could I get a rail pressure guage, and how much do they run?

texaspower19 04-26-2006 06:57 PM

quads comander will read rail preesure wen its done i think.

wap 04-27-2006 02:03 PM

I wouldnt mind havin one but I already have a full set of guages.

qzilla 04-27-2006 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by wap

What pressure does the race box put out at level 1, 2, 3?

I will give you max numbers if the truck is under a load.

L1 = 24.5K
L2 = 25.4K
L3 = 26.5K

Of course with different gauges and spikes it can sort of jump around. This is measured mecahnically in a controlled situation.

Pressue will be at its highest at redline, especially between shifts in an auto truck. IF your converter is going or soft and you are beating on it the highest pressure you will record is when it tries to shift.

Under normal driving you will see between 16K and 22K.

Now if you had a gauge it is interesting to watch because you can see when the injector pulse is getting stretched because the pressure will start to fall and then catch back up. There will be a lot of less worried people when our gauge gets fully out and everyone watches the rail.

Also for the record our gauge reads in 50psi increments and not 1K increments like some gauges available.

Quad

wap 04-27-2006 05:44 PM

Thanks Quad thats just what I was lookin for.

rich2500 04-27-2006 07:48 PM

i'm another that runs the bddl-race box stack and so far zero problems,but my truck does not see alot of milage and I leave it programmed with the tow setting that does no pressure and use my quad when i wanna play.glad too see that quad is not afraid to post what his boxes do.