3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Powdered, De badged, Rollin on 37s

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Powdered, De badged, Rollin on 37s

Finally got a bunch of stuff done
Powder Coated wheels, Mirror Black
BFG 37 12.5x 17 tires
De Badged
Canopy back on, off the 99 CTD

Front 3/4 View

Front Wheel

Rear Wheel

Rear 3/4

I just need to get that bumper done now.

I just like that picture

Enjoy

Getting it dirty tomorrow

Pics, more in the gallery
Old 06-25-2006, 12:20 AM

WOW that is one great looking truck ... The canapy is awesome, I have never seen anything like that before. Great work.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great Job Bruce!!! Looks awesome!

Copycatter

I have been wondering when you were going to finally get those wheels put on your truck. The canopy is a great addition! What are your plans for the rear bumper? (Buckstop?)
Old 06-25-2006, 07:11 AM
Banned

get the bumper done??? ya gonna powder coat that mirror black as well, and the hitch? sweet ride, gotta find some caps for those hubs & yyou'll be done !
Old 06-25-2006, 07:19 AM

It looks great. I like the hubs showing too. I haven't had my center caps on in a few months. Once I knocked one off they all came off.

Can you tell us more about the canopy?
Old 06-25-2006, 07:48 AM

Very nice, I really like the black wheels! all makes for a clean package.

What brand of top is that??

Rick D
Old 06-25-2006, 08:35 AM

Thanks

The rear bumper, not sure. Thinking about just getting the stock one powder coated. Should be way less than the buckstop bumper. Not sure yet. I may even get the front done in the same "mirror black" if I go that way. Thinking that would be a better match... a bit much, I know

The top is a Can-Back. I use to have it on my 99, just bolted it up the other day. When I first got the 04 I put it on the truck and did not like it. But I do like it now, I have received lots of great complements.
They were just purchased by another company, they are here at this link. http://can-back.com/
It looks like this one is a bit different than what they are making now. Mine has a Stainless Steel frame and can support over 400 lbs on the roof rack. I could use a new canvas top, its a bit worn but works.

As for the center caps, I think I am gonna keep them off. I have the covers and could paint them black, but I think I will keep them off. I need to do some touch up paint on the hubs and put on the new powdercoated Lug Nuts.

I also need to work on some fender clearance for the 37s. They rub a bit with some upward suspension travel. I will just bend the lower corner back a bit. Should not be a big deal.

Thanks again.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That is a sweet rig--it looks very industrial/militant...a tough look to pull off on a smooth 3rd gen, but you nailed it Definitely leave the hub covers off. Maybe a Dynatrack locking hub conversion for the front to complete the beefy look?
Old 06-25-2006, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by G1625S
That is a sweet rig--it looks very industrial/militant...a tough look to pull off on a smooth 3rd gen, but you nailed it Definitely leave the hub covers off. Maybe a Dynatrack locking hub conversion for the front to complete the beefy look?
It has been called the urban assault vehicls, a military truck... Thanks Not sure that was the initial design, just ended up that way.

I have thought about the Dynatrack setup. Thinking I will go that way when I need to dig into the front axle.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:50 AM

Sweeeeeeet !!
Old 06-25-2006, 11:29 AM

Looks Rugged!! Very nice!! I like that canvas cap too. I was gonna get one but it wouldn't look that great on my blue truck. Chrome caps would still look good on it but I like it without them too...
Old 06-25-2006, 12:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
.............. Chrome caps would still look good on it but I like it without them too...

I am torn about "with or without" the caps on Black wheels too. I have the chrome caps on currently, but I like the way they look without too. Pics in my gallery both ways.

Those 37s look awesome on your truck too. I can't go any bigger on the tires than the 285's while pulling a 5th wheel......the nose of my 5ver is already riding high as is.

Again, great looking truck. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the rear bumper.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:59 PM

Sweet looking ride. Wheels look a hell of a lot better powdercoated and I like that top.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:24 PM

My truck has 5 STARS, how cool it that!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2006, 04:25 PM

Looks mean. Nice work.

Quick Reply: Powdered, De badged, Rollin on 37s