3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Please someone help me!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please someone help me!!

Hi,
i have an 06 3500 with 208000 miles. Had the injectors changed all but 1. After it left the shop i could still hear a knocking sound but truck was running good and no check engine light. After some days of driving , i came across a truck who would not let me cross lanes so i stepped on the gas and changed lanes. Then i came to the stop light and my truck started accelerating on its own. It kept doing that when on drive or reverse not when idling. So if at a light, i had to put it on neutral and change to drive when stop light was green. After about 3 weeks of driving like that last night my truck broke down. I heard some weird noise on the turbo sound and then it was rough running and smoking i believe a mixture of black and white. It was idling very rough. I want to think the darn last injector i didnt changed went bad. But why did my truck accelerate on its own? Could it be the FCA? Is it an injector problem? This is my work truck and i have no other vehicle. Need something please. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:23 PM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
When it goes and won't stop, that usually the torque converter stuck locked up. What made you change the injectors?
Old 02-26-2019, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by 1-2-3
When it goes and won't stop, that usually the torque converter stuck locked up. What made you change the injectors?
did you get my last message? Idk if this one is sending..let me know please. Thanks
Old 03-17-2019, 11:53 AM

Stuck

I found out that the pushrod on #5 cylinder had broke and top part i pulled with a magnet. Where will the other part or parts be? I removed each pushrod and check the hole with a magnet but nothing came out. I dont want to remove the heads but ill leave it as last option. Why would the push rod break? It also looked like it melted once it broke because the broken piece was nice and melted round. How do i check if lifter is bad or if any damage was done internally. I removed the side plate where the fuel lines are to see if anything but idk what else to do to get the rest of pushrod out or check any damage. When my truck broke down i drove it like that for about 1 mile. It ran only rough and smoking mix white and black. Any suggestions?,
Old 03-17-2019, 08:46 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
Make sure valve spring did not break or possible bent valve. Rocker arm damage or missing part of rocker arm which contacts the valve stem. Adjuster lock nut not tight and adjuster backed off. Possibilities.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:29 AM

Everyhing looks normal

So i removed the rockers and pushrods. All are good and non broken or bent. Then i decided to remove the oil pan to see if maybe the other piece of push rod was in there. I found fragments of what i believe to be the pushrod but not the 4in piece im missing. Is my next option to remove the head on order to see where it is or is there something else i can do? Im doing this by myself. This is my work truck and im tying to fix it on a busy road where cars drive by at30 miles an hour literally 2 ft from my truck. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks