3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Please help to troubleshoot 47re

Old 06-16-2016, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help to troubleshoot 47re

Hi guys I have 03 with 47re and I just finish throwing bunch of money to keep it running. I have just over 300k on it and the thinks I just put on the truck are new fass 95 lift pump that was installed during third set injectors install that I had problems with leaking conector tubs. The truck also has banks: programmer, 4" exhaust, turbo blow off valve and cold air intake. Also I did all upgrades on trany (valve body shift kit , sonnax solenoids....) almost all besides input shafts and extra cluches.
I went from 50 hp injectors to stock and after the install and testing power my transmission started to slip. It feels that it only slips after torque converter locks at 40-50 mph but I might be wrong since banks won't show transmission slip till converter is locked.
One think I know that before this happen when the converter was locking it was locking quickly and I could hear blow off valve releasing pressure.
Now the converter locks slowly and smooth, blow off valve doesn't open and once banks iq starts to show trany slip under wot.
I just had put in last 3k a triple disk converter that I purchesed from a local diesel performance mechanic (my old single disc was striped by the output shaft).
The converter was previously installed in one of his trucks before was sold to me and didn't show any sight of going bad.

Did my new stock injectors (downgraded from 50hp) could demage triple disk converter or do I need to take the valve body off and install new larger sonnax plunger for the converter lock.
I have not done the trany pressure test yet...

Let me guys know what you think on this?