Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   please help me with a power module (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/please-help-me-power-module-59594/)

snookinaround 01-24-2005 06:31 PM

please help me with a power module

My truck is a 2004 1/2, 2500 4x4 with 8 inches of lift running on 36x15.50x18 mickey claws. Only engine modification is an A.F.E intake. The gear is a 4.10 with an automatic transmission. What module would you use? Edge Ez, Edge Juice with attitude or ? I don't want to do anything that will tear my transmission up since I already have bigger tires!! I don't drive my truck hard and I don't go off road with it.
Thanks for your help, Eric

quantrill88 01-24-2005 06:51 PM

alot of guys with 600's like the BullyDog PowerPup Downloader. It has 3 diifferent setting you can use from towing to racing. The other thing that would be nice for you is that I believe you can reset you speedo for the bigger tires.

An Edge EZ might also work well for you since your not looking for big power gains.

Other ones on the more extreme side are the Edge Juice/Attitude combo, TST PowerMax CR, and Banks 6 gun.

Theres links to all those companies under High Performance in the Links page.

Good luck

BUZZB8Z 01-24-2005 06:52 PM

Seems like most of the guys that want a little extra power go with the Edge set-up. TST will be a huge favorite too but, that one spooked me. Too much power for my needs and I heard about too many codes. I went with Bully Dog but, my truck is a California SO.

How did you get 8 inches of lift? Is it all suspension? I did a 6-inch Superlift with 37 inch Toyo's...8 inches would be perfect. Tell me how you did it.

Chad

GBB 01-24-2005 07:00 PM

I would go for the edge juice w/attitude it has transmissions slip sensing for the automatics and all the guages you'll ever need. My second choice would be the bully-dog powerpup/outlook monitor for a little less money.

phloop 01-25-2005 07:21 AM

Originally posted by GBB
I would go for the edge juice w/attitude it has transmissions slip sensing for the automatics and all the guages you'll ever need.
I thought that it did not have tranny temp?

Car_nut57 01-25-2005 09:27 AM

You will want gauges with any fueling box you choose, so that should be considered as well as exhaust modifications to increase flow before choosing the box. The Edge Juice with Attitude which incorpates the gauges is a good choice or Banks Six-Gun which will require gauges be added has also been working well.

Kyle Graham 01-26-2005 05:15 PM

Originally posted by phloop
I thought that it did not have tranny temp?
No trans temp but it does detect trans slip and lockup