3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pics of Sound Deadening My Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EdmontonCanada
I've got the QuietCar spary on deadener on order and it should be here next week. I wanted to get the truck undercoated anyway, so why not use a product made for sound deadening purposes?

I came originally came across the QuietCar site looking for home audio sound deadening products: http://www.quietsolution.com/index.html They had what appears to be top-notch stuff, so I figured the QuietCar product of theirs might be just as good...and some guys on a car audio forum said it was unmatched...

So I went to a detailing shop yesterday and they said they'd spray it on my truck hood, fender wells, and underbody for $250. It'll be interesting to see how/if that makes a difference to the noise. But again, people hype up their products so much...at least I'll get an undercoating out of it if nothing else.
Let me know what you think of this product as I have not used it and might have to give it a try.

Originally Posted by EdmontonCanada
The audio guys are tuning my sound system next week (Audiocontrol DQXS) to competition quality sound...and that...

...will take THREE DAYS!
LOL That my friend is never finished