3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Perimeter lighting - Video Demo

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by subspd
your emails they were just in my junk mail folder...
i can feel the love...

Should I have any problem with running some extra turn/parking lights of the trailer harness?
no, you got the 3 wiring harness, with one extra lead for the side lites.

no, it is fully diode protected on all the legs, and it only plugs into the rear lighting harness for the back up lights, no the running/turn lights.

so if you are using the trailer harness for extra marker lights, you will be fine.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got home... Mine was sitting at the door can't wait... Goona be a good easter... Guages and perimiter lighting!!!

Shane
Old 04-07-2007, 09:40 PM

didja get it to work?

the 2nd e-mail with the PDF's had all the wire colors.

on the cell if you have questions, sent the # in the same e-mail (the one in Sub's trash folder
Old 04-21-2007, 10:51 AM

I FINALLY DID IT!! I got it installed, took about 20 mins. The only problem I ran into was the cargo light wire i tapped was wrong so I gave 04ctd a call and he quickly helped me find the right wire. On my '06 the cargo light wire is white/chocolate brown. This mod is AWSOME!! THANK YOU 04ctd!!!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Banned

I ain't got time today but hopefully tomorrow!!!!

Shane
Old 04-21-2007, 10:14 PM

jay, did Mama get out there in the dark & play with the lights?

we parked in BFE tonight out behind the restaurant, had a few teen girls with us (went for ice cream).

was nice to lite up the area for them.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:11 PM

anybody else interested? i will do $45 for forum members, just to get my cost back.

heatshrink was $2.99 for 3 short pieces.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:16 PM

I would be intersted in this mod.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:23 PM

wouldnt the lights come on if the door is opened or the cargo light is pushed inside the cab???
Old 04-24-2007, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by simadownow6988
wouldnt the lights come on if the door is opened or the cargo light is pushed inside the cab???
no to the door,

yes to the cargo light.

go play with it some, and you will see the cargo light is perfect.

it comes on either with the switch, or the remote, and ONLY on the unlock cycle of the remote.

the switch is good when you are hooking up a trailer (Or backing up) you can just leave the switch on while you get out, and it will light up the area.

i am pretty sure the cargo light is on the "timer" so that if you leave the switch on, the ECM waits awhile, and turns it off to save the battery.

i can't see all of my truck at night, so i just unlock it with the remote, and i can see the fog lites glare,
then i lock it - if the fogs go out, it is locked.

i just can't see the park lights all the time out my bedroom windows, depending on how i angle it in the driveway.

i know it seems like a lot of $$ - but the diodes are there for when you leave the switch on while backing to your trailer, and have the headlights on, truck in reverse, and the module energized.

the Electrical Engineer who researched and specified the Power Diode we are using was fanatical about having Diodes that could survive a fuse blowing, he said if the Diode burns first, the customer can't repair it, and the product is junk. this thing is fully fused (both 12v inputs) and diode protected on both outputs.

a spool of copper wire is $20 now. crimp terminals were expensive too, because i used ~12 in each module. heat shrink was a killer to cover all the diodes.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quality was great work just hasn't let me get it put on yet. I will post pics when I do it...
Old 05-04-2007, 08:39 PM

Got it on and LOVE it! This should have come standard. I am going to try to rig up some side lights for under the doors so that you can see where you are stepping. I also mounted some side turn signals under the side of the truck.

It was worth the money IMHO...
04CTD How much wattage can I run off of the line coming from the relay? I was going to just throw some marine LED's under the doors but then I thought about just putting some 55w flood lights underneath and lighting the whole area up.

Any ideas? I will post some pics soon.

Thanks again for a quality product!
Old 05-04-2007, 08:42 PM

Got it on and LOVE it! This should have come standard. I am going to try to rig up some side lights for under the doors so that you can see where you are stepping. I also mounted some side turn signals under the side of the truck.

It was worth the money IMHO...
04CTD How much wattage can I run off of the line coming from the relay? I was going to just throw some marine LED's under the doors but then I thought about just putting some 55w flood lights underneath and lighting the whole area up.

Any ideas? I will post some pics soon.

Thanks again for a quality product!
got any pics of your mirror lights???

I too would like to throw a couple 55 watt HF lights under the doors?????? can we do this???
I should have mine on this next week....
Old 05-04-2007, 08:49 PM

I will post some soon. I think that I can just run the lights off the relay maybe with a fused line. But I could also just run a line off the reverse lights on the tail lights. I love the backup lights and fog lights but it needs something under the doors to finish it off.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:54 AM

Sub, it's a 50 amp relay, and a 20 amp supply fuse.
if you look at the wire gauge of the fuse holder, it is plenty big enough also.

and the Diodes should handle it, no problem

you can try the 55 watt side lights, I doubt the fuse will blow, if it does, go grab a variety pack of the glass fuses, and go up till it works.

Mark, i did not put 3 legs on yours (i made Sub's with 3 legs off the relay output for his side lighting)

you could just pull the blue wire off the relay, and cut the 2 wires, and tie in a 3rd wire, and crimp on a new terminal, and be good to go.

you don't necessarily need a diode on that leg - because it's independent of the vehicles wiring.

if you do mess up your module, i will send you another one.

i figure it like this: lifetime warranty as long as we are on the forum together, i will take care of it for you.

Quick Reply: Perimeter lighting - Video Demo