3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

New Quad Boost fooler and a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:07 PM
DWK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Quad Boost fooler and a few questions

Ok I tried to search but the terms allows too many possibilities.
Anyways I got the boosy fooler in the mail today. I ran into a few issues installing it due to the pick up wire for the boost reading on my Quadzilla monitor. I got it figured out and am now reading the boost off of the fooler before it reaches the electronic portion.

One question I have is the package says you cant use it if you have a box hooked up to the MAP sensor wires. Is this correct? Surely someone on here is running a Diablo Puck and the boost fooler. I have it all hooked up, but the Puck is in the off position.

The second question I have is I am seeing 42PSI of boost. Is this OK? I have read all kinds of stuff about you will grenade the turbo or pop head gaskets at higher boost pressures. I think my Quadzill has the ability to defuel at higher boost levels, so I can change it if needed.

On the positive side the EGTs are down about 200 Deg at WOT.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just installed mine. I hit 38-40lbs of boost. You're not going to have problems with these boost levels.. And the EGT reduction is great!

They say not to run this with a box, because the box will do boost fooling of its own. In theory, if you plug in the fooler before the box, you will be interfering with the signal the box sees, potentially limiting its performance. If you hook it up after the box, you may also limit the boxes' performance.

If your box isn't limiting the boost your truck sees, and you get overboost codes then you need to run the fooler...
Old 03-07-2009, 09:56 AM
DWK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the boost fooler hooked directly yo yhe MAP sensor and the puck in line after the fooler. From what I saw when I hooked the boost guage wire up after the fooler the fooler keeps the truck seeing a max of 24psi.