Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   New member.. Looking for opinions from racing guys (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/new-member-looking-opinions-racing-guys-98931/)

nfsommer 04-08-2006 05:54 PM

New member.. Looking for opinions from racing guys

I have an 03.5 555 H.0. motor w/ a 48 RE trans. Right now i have a 4" turboback exhaust that leads to dual 5" stacks, and i have a edge EZ with a Scotty III air intake system. I'm lookin to order these mods within the next few weeks

1)POWERMAXCR with Digital Gauges and the FASS 95GPH pusher pump.
2) ATS manifold - already purchased
3)ATS high performance rebuilt transmission Stage #4

Now my question is...

What turbo do you all recomend??.. also what exhaust housing (sizes and shapes ;) )

This is strictly for speed. I will never tow with this truck, my company ended up purchasing a International RXT. [coffee]

OT-OF-Here 04-08-2006 07:57 PM

Fass

For what your looking to purchase the FASS 95 isn't enough. You'll need the 150gph.

RamWheelsBy4 04-08-2006 09:38 PM

Probably should go with twins to start with. I have the II SPS66 turbo and it is fine, but if I had the money I would just start with a set of twins. A lot easier to add injectors, high fueling boxes and keep things cool. Just my .02.

BigDan 04-08-2006 10:34 PM

Are you 4X4

You better beef up your tranny better then a ATS stage 4, since you used the word "RACE" that would lead me to believe you will be Racing or will be abusive to your truck. 4X4 launchs are fun and you will break the shafts in your stage 4 tranny. I'm not sure ATS sells all three billet shafts, so you may want to re-think who you buy your tranny from since there are others out there who have the parts you need.

#1 You will need Billet Shafts in your tranny

#2 Definetly Twin Turbos....the bigger the better

Other future options

Injectors

Modded CP3

BRayls 04-09-2006 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
For what your looking to purchase the FASS 95 isn't enough. You'll need the 150gph.

Mark at TST makes 600hp with the 95 and so have we. Mark feels the cp3 runs out of go before the 95 fass.

uber_dzl 05-19-2006 08:05 PM

4X4 drag racing gets you better launches right? but it makes it easier for tranny to break? can the transfer case handle it?

OT-OF-Here 05-19-2006 08:56 PM

Hmmmm!

Originally Posted by BRayls
Mark at TST makes 600hp with the 95 and so have we. Mark feels the cp3 runs out of go before the 95 fass.

Interesting. Somebody needs to tell FASS as they just brought out a 180 and 200gph and up to 50psi. Those guys at FASS just don't know what it takes evidently.

BRayls 05-20-2006 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
Interesting. Somebody needs to tell FASS as they just brought out a 180 and 200gph and up to 50psi. Those guys at FASS just don't know what it takes evidently.

they are doing it more for the mod pumps(cp3's)

DSTRBD 05-20-2006 10:54 AM

At the very LEAST get a billet input shaft and billet flexplate or you will find yourself pulling the tranny more than once. Not to mention you could possibly damage the pump and coverter if the input shaft lets go. Do it right the first time and save yourself some money. You know you will eventually go bigger on fueling mods so why not be prepared.

As far as turbo(s) go, twins are tough to beat. However, the II SPS66 and Silver Bullet are moving a ton of air and actually spooling very well for a large single. I went with the ATS twins and am happy with them, but might throw an II single on just for comparison. I dont think you can make a wrong decision here.