3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

More power via programming, what are my options?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More power via programming, what are my options?

I would like to have more torque on my truck but would like to go with one of the "power programmers" out there like super chips or hypertech..any input as to avialablity or perfromance??
Old 11-01-2003, 07:40 PM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles
Re:More power via programming, what are my options?

There are currently no programmers available for the common rail Dodge. And the one programmer that is available for the 02 and under trucks fails to deliver on its promises. Is there any reasoning behind wanting a programmer vs a plug-in module? IMHO, the modules are much nicer to install and un-install, without the worries of communications faults and messed up boxes.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:34 PM

My line of thinking behind using a programmer as compared to a plug in box is the ''extras''..the ability to change speedo for larger tires, check and remove codes etc..I know that they work on fords and chevs with good results but our new computer has them stumped for the time being i guess.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:57 PM

The Cummins ECM is a programmers nighmare as some have found out. The only one cracking it is Marco and he has been working on it for 4 years and still doesn't know everything about it. The Duramax ECM's were cracked in months. I would not expect a programmer for the 3rd gens for a long long time. The boxes are able to do what we want to acomplish so I bet you will see this trend continue.

Horace