3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Mopar OEM remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im sure you have had a hundred posts already in the last 5 min but I'm game if you are. Would love to try that install.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:35 PM

tristan 21 pm me with your #
Old 02-09-2006, 02:04 AM

reecegr PM sent to you on the starter kit.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2500WHITERAM
its programmablr guys...i have one and i also put one in wifes liberty...its programmable 10,20, or 30 sec delay.....
2500White,In the book it only has 2 settings 1 for gas which is like 5 sec and 1 for diesel which is 30 sec.I tried using the gas setting but it starts too fast.If You know how to change to something other than those 2 please lte me know.Thank's, Rob.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:08 AM

anyone have the digram for the install of the mopar unit into a 05 ram diesel?? please let me know I just got mine and want to install it but not real sure untill I have something to read far as installing this thing like what wires are spliced
Old 06-24-2017, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by redspider
Finally got arround to installing my Mopar remote starter. I won't even begin to fully explain the ORDEAL I went through just convincing parts staff that mopar makes a remote start unit let alone that it works with a diesel engine. They all insisted that the mopar remote start was a piece of junk, NOT TRUE!!! Codesystems actually makes the unit and it is fully intergrated into the truck, in my case with the sentry key. I ordered the following parts: 82209082 (sentry key interface), 82208863AD (Installation kit; loom wire, antenna, starter fobs, instructions, hood switch), 82208859 (remote start "computer"). I also tried to order 82209985, its the new TWO WAY fm upgrade for the system as it lets you know when the vehicle starts and also increases range from the standard 800feet to 2000feet. Unfortunatly this part was over the part guy's head, he tried to order it but was not able to for some reason. I tried a few other places to order it too but everyone just gave me a look like I was out of my mind. I ended up getting someone off ebay to order it for me, can't wait for it to arrive. The install was pretty straight forward. Just make sure you have both keys inorder to program the sentry interface. It also seems that the AD kit has the upgraded hood switch, which is very handy. Overall I am quite happy with the system, there are just a few shortcomings.

The good
---------
-factory interface with sentry key
-6 wires to splice
-hood switch
-30 second delay to run grid heater

The bad
--------
-honks when you start it
-lights come on even when the park brake is set when started (i can see having the park lights come on, but the headlights come on too)
-no way to keep it running by pressing a button when you get out (you have to take your key out and then press the button to restart)

All in all its a very good system for dodge rams with an automatic transmission. I am very happy with it, and glad to have it as it was a xmas present from my parents.

-rS
I know this is way old new but I can't find any other resource for this, and I've been looking for hours. I have an 05 cummins and want to add the Mopar remote start, I've been looking at the part numbers you provided and think I found a source to get them. The diagram however shows a separate FOB for the remote start, I thought it would just be the regular remote and you just hit the lock button 3x. Is that not how it is?
Thanks for any help