Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Lorenz Leaf Pack or Carli Leaf Pack? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/lorenz-leaf-pack-carli-leaf-pack-154974/)

Joe T 06-11-2007 02:24 PM

Lorenz Leaf Pack or Carli Leaf Pack?

What's the difference here? They look the same in pics, would I notice a difference between the 2?

Anyone use these?

Thanks,
Joe

abc4yew 06-11-2007 02:32 PM

I thought everyone whose anyone all used Deaver spring packs. ks

Joe T 06-11-2007 02:34 PM

Hmm, so many choices. Any more info on these Deaver springs? What's the price range on them? I'm looking about $350 for Lorenz. Want that extra inch and improved ride.

cquestad 06-11-2007 03:08 PM

Deaver makes their springs I think????

Joe T 06-11-2007 03:24 PM

So they're all the same... Don't have time to search since I'm busy at work :) .

Pooter 06-11-2007 03:27 PM

I think they both use Deaver, like the others have said...

ptgarcia 06-11-2007 03:54 PM

Deaver is a spring manufacturer and will build you custom springs, but you have to supply the specs and they will probably cost a pretty penny since they will be a one-off type deal. Carli and Lorenz probably use Deaver or maybe National (I never asked), both top notch manufacturers. But just because they use the same manufacturer doesn't mean the packs are the same. They may specify different rates. I think Don uses Carli's springs in his systems.

Without knowing the spring rates of Carli's and Lorenz's packs, if I were you, I'd use Lorenz's springs because he has his system designed with those rates in mind. His shocks are valved for those springs.

Thundercloud 06-11-2007 04:00 PM

My Carli minipacks just showed up Friday and from what I have read on both Carli and Defiant Truck's web sites they are made by Deaver. I am not sure what Lorenz uses. My guess is that they are Deavers' as well.

ptgarcia 06-11-2007 04:13 PM

Deaver is local to Carli and Lorenz here in SoCal. Most of the guys in this area use them.

Just checked Deaver's site and it shows Carli and KORE both use their springs but makes no mention of Lorenz. That doesn't mean he doesn't order springs from them.

Joe T 06-11-2007 04:23 PM

Ok good, thanks guys.

Glad you chimmed in Pauly, in your opinion you'd go with Lorenz since they are designed to work together. That's what I was thinking too.. Just heard a lot of good things about Carli Leaf Packs.

ptgarcia 06-11-2007 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Joe T (Post 1548636)
Ok good, thanks guys.

Glad you chimmed in Pauly, in your opinion you'd go with Lorenz since they are designed to work together. That's what I was thinking too.. Just heard a lot of good things about Carli Leaf Packs.

I run the Carli pack and it does work good, but it only makes sense to use Seans since they were designed to work together.

Cowhand 06-11-2007 05:33 PM

Work together with what?

To the best of my knowledge, Sean does NOT use Deaver. Last I heard Sean was using Alcan.....

You can get the full packs through Carli, but they're not cheap. Are they worth the money? You betcha.

Don't bother trying to go directly to Deaver.......they'll refer you to Carli or KORE unless you're doing a one off set of race springs. Expect to pay accordingly.......

Danderson 06-11-2007 06:34 PM

SoCal paving system.

By my signature you can see what system I'm running. I have the 2" H.D. 23% coils due to my camper being on 24/7. I have Firestone Ride Rites inflated to 20psi for road use. Even with the bags deflated the truck sits darn near level. The mini-paks level the truck and nearly eliminate the dreaded expansion joint crap we deal with here in SoCal. Heck,my Honda Pilot transmits shocks to me because of this Neanderthal paving system.:cool: P.S. I'm running 75psi in my Toyos too!

ptgarcia 06-11-2007 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cowhand (Post 1548727)
Work together with what?

I assume Lorenz takes into account spring rates when he valves his shocks, no?

firemansdiesel 06-11-2007 07:56 PM

Yes he does.