3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Long-term Quad Box feelings, let's hear um!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Long-term Quad Box feelings, let's hear um!

Well,
here is my thoughts. After being one of the original beta testers thus having a standard box installed for well over a year now without any real problems, I can say he did a good job with this product. Customer service was nothing short of excellent when I had questions and concerns. I look forward to doing business again with him again in the future and have recommended him to ALL of my (big three) diesel truck driving friends.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:26 PM

Ditto!!
Old 02-25-2006, 09:58 PM

Bought my box first day that Quad made them available for sale. I believe it was in the first of March or May 2005. Have had no issues thus far. I'm willing to bet the box paid for itself by the MPG improvements during those crazy gas prices we had last year.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never thought about it. I just bought the latest and the greatest box available at the time and that was the Quad race box! Quad updated it for free when I developed the infamous high speed miss and it runs better than ever now!

Quads commitment to customer service is off the hook!!! BAR NONE!!!

Just my own .002357 worth.

Rick
Old 02-25-2006, 11:41 PM

as far as performance it has been great, service from the company great,as far problem free no, I've put about 60k on the truck since the box install around aug or sept, had to replace the wireharnees because the plugs wouldnt really stay together while their they rebooted the box, still have some trouble with it when i use my C. B. and now i have to replace my injectors because they allow too much fuel to pass by. not sure if the last one is the cause from the box or not, but overall I am satisfied with the product but i have not even ran it for a year yet.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:00 AM

i thank his products are gret too . ive had his stuff on three different trucks since 02
Old 02-26-2006, 04:11 AM

I'm getting ready to stack mine w/ a TST box. I thought I was going to have to sell it and get an EZ but the Quad on low is pressure only. Should work out well. My Quad box has performed perfectly since I got it. Now if those overhead mileage readings were just true...
Old 02-26-2006, 07:47 AM
Banned

I hear ya on the overhead part, man do I wish.... I have a bout 9 k miles on the box, 8 of which is with the updated tps tap and program, no misses or errors.... behaving nicely for two days now with the roktech sensor. Best company to deal with as they are reachable here on this site.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:21 AM

Have had Std. box for only a week; like it all so far. Paranoid about stock 48re now,though. any thoughts on that?
Old 02-26-2006, 08:30 AM

got a buddy thats a dealer for quad and has it on his automatic and he said its running good
Old 02-26-2006, 09:30 AM

When I had my Race box it performed flawlessly....never had any codes and worked as advertised.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:22 PM
wap

First of all I willsay Quads staff is top notch. Second I want to say that I have been waiting for 2 months trying to get my race box right. It ran fine but I had the option of gettin the "upgraded" version for free so I did and there was a noticable impovement. This was a week or two before Christmas, on Jan 3rd I was coming home from a trip and the truck started missing real bad. So I sent it back and they told me it was the wireing harness and they fixed it and sent it back to me. I put it back in and NOTHING had changed, the truck still ran like crap. So I have been waiting for about a month now for them to figure out what is wrong with it and I just sent it back on wends to get fixed, I hope. And on the codes mine has throne codes since about 2 weeks after I got it in sept, 3 of them to be exact but the most common is a P 0088 wich was supposed to be fixed when I sent it in for the TPS tap.
If it sounds like I am ranting I am not, I know every product is going to have some problems and I dont hold it against Quad at all, I am just tryin to be honest and let people know that if you bomb your truck you will have some problems. I think he and his staff are "stand up" and would recomend his products to anyone, I just happened to be one of the few that got one of the products that didnt jive with my truck.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by koogala
Have had Std. box for only a week; like it all so far. Paranoid about stock 48re now,though. any thoughts on that?
I've got 37k on my truck now, 27k of that with the quad box in position 2. No issues with the tranny.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:35 PM

Location: Dead Center in the Middle of TN. 20 miles from Jack Daniels, 10 miles from George Dickle and .8 mi from the liquor store at I-24 Exit 114
Talking

I have the Quadzilla Tow Box on my '03 CTD/6spd Quadcab SRW and have no problems to date. I installed it 9 months/5,000 miles ago and forgot about it.

Milage is up

Towing capacity is up

Performance is way up

Smile is still just as big when I hit it!
Old 02-26-2006, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
I'm getting ready to stack mine w/ a TST box. I thought I was going to have to sell it and get an EZ but the Quad on low is pressure only. Should work out well. My Quad box has performed perfectly since I got it. Now if those overhead mileage readings were just true...
I thought the Quad on low (60hp) was timing only, at least that's what quad told me and pressure didn't come into play until the race setting (130/140hp). Am I wrong?

Quick Reply: Long-term Quad Box feelings, let's hear um!