3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

installed my carli leaf pack yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by benito
Thanks. Thats the one I was asking about. Did it help any with a load?

Ben
the only thing i've ever towed is a small trailer or my 21 foot bass boat, and the biggest thing i've had in the bed is my 600 lb 4-wheeler. with the boat and the 4-wheeler loaded up, the truck didn't sag at all. i don't know what would happen with a "heavy" load.

pt, the next step is radius arms (when don gets them back from the laser cutter) x-over steering, and a track bar. don thinks i'll be happy with the skyjacker springs once i get the arms on...so, i'll see how i like them. if not, i'll get the coils through him also. should ride like a caddy when i'm done.

later, dustin
Old 03-17-2007, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lsufan78
don thinks i'll be happy with the skyjacker springs once i get the arms on...

Tell him I said lack of sleep must be affecting his thinking......new baby must be keeping him up all night.

Better yet, I call him and straighten him out. He knows better....
Old 03-18-2007, 12:52 PM

Wheel Hop? Axel wrap?
Old 03-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cowhand
Tell him I said lack of sleep must be affecting his thinking......new baby must be keeping him up all night.

Better yet, I call him and straighten him out. He knows better....
thanks for looking out for me!!

john...not yet...the only adverse affect that i've found is the lack of traction on wet roads seems to be worse than before.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:38 PM

What's the point of what looks like cut sections of leaf spring stacked between the pinion shim and the leaf spring? Why not use a small block or a zero rate add- a-leaf. That doesn't look too safe.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by prattman
What's the point of what looks like cut sections of leaf spring stacked between the pinion shim and the leaf spring? Why not use a small block or a zero rate add- a-leaf. That doesn't look too safe.
Ask DC because that's factory...
Old 03-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Banned

yep, as pt said those bottom 3 "blocks" in the first pic are factory. i had to pull the 3rd one out when i did the install, but kept the factory overload spring...just had it cut down to the length of the others. i had to pull the 3rd block because the center pins weren't long enough.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:31 PM

Wow, I had no idea. Still looks kind of shady. Thanks for the info. -Glen
Old 03-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by prattman
Wow, I had no idea. Still looks kind of shady. Thanks for the info. -Glen
thanks, even though i tend to like my shady work!
Old 08-26-2007, 03:41 PM

Old thread, I know...

Just curious, but is that degree/angle shim factory? or something you added?
Old 08-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Banned

factory. aside from the add-a-pack, everything under there is factory, some of it was just cut down to length to act as a block.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:32 PM

factory. aside from the add-a-pack, everything under there is factory, some of it was just cut down to length to act as a block.
Ok, cool...

I wonder if thats just a Hemi thing, I dont have any factory angle shims, just the 3 flat ones under the overload(none of which have any angle)

Also, how much lift did you get out of just the mini pack?
Im not sure if ill need to cut up my overload and put it back in like you did.

And lastly, kinda OT, but not really
How much lift did you get out of those shackles you got from Don? I like that idea a whole lot better than sticking a block back under there(if I need another inch or so to level it back out)

Sorry for all the random questions, just got my Carli mini pack a few weeks ago, waiting for the weather to cool down to put them in, but also gathering some info before I do it
Old 08-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stacked97
Ok, cool...

I wonder if thats just a Hemi thing, I dont have any factory angle shims, just the 3 flat ones under the overload(none of which have any angle)

Also, how much lift did you get out of just the mini pack?
Im not sure if ill need to cut up my overload and put it back in like you did.

And lastly, kinda OT, but not really
How much lift did you get out of those shackles you got from Don? I like that idea a whole lot better than sticking a block back under there(if I need another inch or so to level it back out)

Sorry for all the random questions, just got my Carli mini pack a few weeks ago, waiting for the weather to cool down to put them in, but also gathering some info before I do it
i wouldn't think that it'd be just a hemi thing...but ya never know. the only difference in the 2 is the size of the rear axle??
i didn't gain any lift because i removed my skyjacker aal's and replaced them with the carli pack.
the shackles gave me somewhere between 2 1/2-3"s of lift (probably closer to 2 1/2). stupid me didn't measure before and after. the shackles that he made for me were pretty much the max that he thought would be safe and he drilled 2 different mounting holes. i'm sure that he could make them for pretty much any length that you would need up to that maximum length. hope that made sense...
the carli packs made a huge difference even with the crappy front suspension (short arms at the time) and crappy skyjacker shocks (which are still under there for now).
hope this helps you out some, and let me know if you need anything else.
later, dustin
Old 08-26-2007, 07:03 PM

i wouldn't think that it'd be just a hemi thing...but ya never know. the only difference in the 2 is the size of the rear axle??
i didn't gain any lift because i removed my skyjacker aal's and replaced them with the carli pack.
the shackles gave me somewhere between 2 1/2-3"s of lift (probably closer to 2 1/2). stupid me didn't measure before and after. the shackles that he made for me were pretty much the max that he thought would be safe and he drilled 2 different mounting holes. i'm sure that he could make them for pretty much any length that you would need up to that maximum length. hope that made sense...
the carli packs made a huge difference even with the crappy front suspension (short arms at the time) and crappy skyjacker shocks (which are still under there for now).
hope this helps you out some, and let me know if you need anything else.
later, dustin
Awesome!
Thanks for the info Dustin!