3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Injector solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by b.lee
I just ohm'd my injectors, thru the wiring harness on the top of the valve cover. (2006 5.9)
5 of them were 0.7 ohm or 0.8 ohm
1 of them was 0.2 ohm

bad injector? possibly bad wiring under valve cover?
I ended up taking out all injectors, taking them all completely apart to the smallest part, cleaning in a ultrasound bath, blowing with compressed air, lubricating with aviation hydraulic fluid, reassembling every injector but used brand new 100 hp nozzles and solenoids and feeding tubes and all o-rings. Used correct torque specs for injectors reassembly and install back in the motor. Truck runs fine now with respect to injectors. I have other issues with the tranny hunting fro 2 to 3 gear. I found the nozzles very dirty and not allowing fuel thru all the orifices. Also some of the solenoids where shot. Other issue i had was finding the TDC on the dampened and because I couldn't find any marks I decided to guide myself after that one protruding rivet. Anyways the valve adjustment worked out pretty good and I like how the truck runs, you know, you lean your ear and listen to that sweet diesel engine pur. If anybody has questions about how to diy just ask. One thing to mention is the internal injector parts torque values, I couldn't find anything anywhere so I had to figure them out myself. I still have them written somewhere. In case you wonder it was worth it because i saved a lot of money on the work that i did myself. Just bought the parts online. With less then $1000 I remanufactured all 6 injectors. The repair was completed last September and after 8 months the truck runs just fine with no issues. The moral of this story, check the fuel, fuel filtration is essential, this was the reason my injectors were shot and caused years of headaches and money spent on the wrong parts. Thanks.