Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   injector?? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/injector-286310/)

doc winters 03-01-2011 02:17 PM

injector??

after getting my trans built which should be soon. im thinking about injectors.. my truck has 227,000 miles on it with no injector problems to date. would i be ok in just buying nozzles or should i go ahead and get complete injectors? im looking at a set of 90hp if that will help and or make a difference. any help or info would be appreciated.

etn550 03-01-2011 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by doc winters (Post 2932991)
after getting my trans built which should be soon. im thinking about injectors.. my truck has 227,000 miles on it with no injector problems to date. would i be ok in just buying nozzles or should i go ahead and get complete injectors? im looking at a set of 90hp if that will help and or make a difference. any help or info would be appreciated.

For the smaller injectors the nozzles are the part that matters so no need to buy whole injectors. Good mod to do.

JJPage 03-02-2011 01:30 PM

227k.....I would buy 6 brand new bodies/solenoids, and the tips of your choice, new cross tubes, and add a 2 micron filtering set up, if you don't already have the filtering.

Then I would send the originals into a reputable shop for testing and rebuilding if they are salvagable, or you may be able to sell/credit them towards your new sticks.

I would not put new tips on bodies that have 227k use, and install on my truck, unless Don M, possibly Dynomite, had a chance to test and repair first.

doc winters 03-02-2011 02:58 PM

jjpage is all that nes even if im not having any fueling issues as of now?

JJPage 03-02-2011 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by doc winters (Post 2933754)
jjpage is all that nes even if im not having any fueling issues as of now?

IMO yes. All it takes is for 1 solenoid to malfunction and hold the injector open, 227k...these boys have done a heck of a job.

If I was not to buy new injectors, I would send my used injectors off to Formula 1, through one of their dealers, and have Don M rebuild them with his custom tips for our 03 CR's. If your tips are ok, Don can extrude hone yours to a desired horsepower, this is what he did with mine. He was out of blank stock when I sent them in, so I could wait, or have my tips modified. He modified them to flow equal to a F1.5(70/75HP), no complaints, but my injectors had 17k on them when Don received them.

doc winters 03-04-2011 03:38 PM

bump

Brian Lent 03-05-2011 10:24 PM

Definatley get them tested. New injectors could also fail in 10 miles with water or debris flowing thru them at 26k+. As long as they check out I would run them. Usually costs about 30 per to have them flowed. It's always good to have them flow matched after the new tips also. So for 60 a piece for 2 flows you could sleep better at night. IMO