Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   How are the new Juice/Attitudes? No reviews yet? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/how-new-juice-attitudes-no-reviews-yet-58280/)

Big Bob 01-11-2005 01:30 AM

Originally posted by Mark Craig
Lightman,

All of our customers have had the same reaction like put of here said, very smooth output and overall great response. For those of you that are interested we shoudl have the Attitude mounts available in a few days or maybe next week. It is color and grain matched just like our 2003+ A pillars for 2 or 3 gauges, it's fitts under the grab handle so you can keep it in place and the Attitude just snaps in place. It angles the Attitude up and toward the driver too so you don't have to tilt your head to read the LCD display.

Mark @ DPPI

Mark,

Is this the dual gauge pillar mount that Scotty is making?

What is the "Attitude mount"? Do you have any pictures?

Please give me more information. Attitude is coming, and I have a fuel pressure gauge and a tranny gauge to install.

OT-OF-Here 01-11-2005 07:20 AM

Are you really aware of what all you get with the Attitude??

Originally posted by Lightman
Jhardwick, I too find that really irritating. It's really pretty crappy that you can't get all of the performance out of the box without the attitude. I have the srt10 pillar and already have boost/egt gauges.. The only reason at all I'd get the attitude is to get the extra power levels.
Not trying to change your mind set on the Attitude,...but wondering if you really know what all it brings to the party. For example: You get functions for Boost, EGT, RPM, %Load, Speed, Throttle position, % Backdown due to high EGT and Transmission Slip data. That's on the data side. On the hardware side you get: the Attitude module, Egt harware pkg (everything you need), hook and loop mounting strips and wire ties, the Attitude Post mounting bracket which let you mount at more directions than your girl friend can......,and the exhaust gas thermocouple.

The Attitude lets you view multiple engine parameters on the same screen,..all at the same time. The screen can be set to view from two to four parameters at all times plus the power setting you are on in the upper right hand corner. You can move those same paramenters to different positions on the screen to meet your own taste. You have 12 selection variables:

EGT, rpm, backdown, load, zinyk Ymp G, Boody, dprrf mph, yhtyl, eng temp F, baro press, lock, slip. You can select any or all the parameters you'd like to see.

The back light is adjustable to bright, dim and off.

You have Alerts that can be set for the following: egt, boost, speed, engine temp. You can turn all the alerts on or off with one selection.

You also have engine parameters called Records. Which as the name implies keeps records of data on your functions since you last cleared it. You can set Records for a single run if you choose.

You also have functions for Performance testing. They include 0-60 and 1/4 mile time and speed. Then you can go back to Records and see what you were boosting and where your egts were since you were probably watching the road and not the Attitude. Cool.

Then you have Configuration settings. These let you set things like egt set point, boost set point, low boost fueling adj, transmission setup and tire size configuration. The Configurations can be set for each level of performance!!

If your on the street and need to whoop it up a bit for the Furd or Dmax that just pulled up next to you,...and if you've pre configured your Juice to the desired settings for each power level, then all you do is press one button to add or backdown power (why would you do that ....) and off you go.

Bottom line, as you can see from the above, YOU are in control...so to speak except for that crazy right foot of yours and you know everything about your rig and what it's doing and how much.

Further EDGE makes it crystal clear (if you've passed remedial reading of course) that there are levels you shouldn't seek until you've upgraded your stock rig to a level that can support the power levels.

Now really,....how can you compare all the above with an egt/boost gauge. Hope you reconsider and take care of your investment.

Pat

Lightman 01-11-2005 08:19 AM

Pat you're right, I can't compare a lot of what I feel are unnecessary bells and whistles to an egt/boost gauge which is all I really need, with maybe a fuel pressure gauge at some point.

Mark Craig 01-11-2005 08:29 AM

Big Bob,

No the stuff Scotty is making has no relation to what we have. All of our special gauge and Attitude mounts are made by Gauge Works, the same company that makes all the mounts for Auto Meter. They use Revo Tech material exclusively as it is the same type of material that is used in the OEM parts. In fact Guage Works makes the SRT10 pillar for Dodge and the instrument cluster for the Ford GT40!!!

We have two speical items for the 2003+ Dodges. One or should I say two items are the color matched and grain matched 2 or 3 gauge A pillars. They DO NOT fit over the stock A pillar and force you to cut the grab handle off of the factory pillar. They are double thick material from the same supplier that sells to Dodge for the factory A pillars, and bolt on like the factory pillar, no paint needed and the gauges are set in the pillar deeper as the old pillar isn't behind them to make them stick out, so the look is much better. These are NOT to be confused with some other brands of colored A pillars that have been sold out there that have warped and bowed out of shape!!

The second item is the Attitude mounts for the A pillar. They are also color and grain matched form the factory material. They allow the grab handle to stay in place and place the Attitude at the top of the dash angled toward the drivers line of sight. The Attiude is held in place with "mushroom tape" hard plastic stiff velcro, easy install and easy un install for dealer service needs etc. These are to be shipped to us late this week so no pics as of yet!! Call us on pricing.

Mark @ DPPI

Mopar_Mudder 01-11-2005 09:18 AM

I take it that the Attitude does NOT have a fuel pressure monitor on it?

So that means that I would still have to keep my X-Monitor, Which I love, and mount the attitude somewhere else.

OT-OF-Here 01-11-2005 09:42 AM

Fuel pressure,...NOT

Originally posted by Mopar_Mudder
I take it that the Attitude does NOT have a fuel pressure monitor on it?

So that means that I would still have to keep my X-Monitor, Which I love, and mount the attitude somewhere else.

Your right, no fuel pressure on the Attitude.

JHardwick 01-11-2005 10:50 AM

Re: Fuel pressure,...NOT

Originally posted by OT-OF-Here
Your right, no fuel pressure on the Attitude.
[laugh] A list of features as long as my arm and no fuel pressure?

Whoever said patience is a virtue was smoking some wierd chit[laugh]

I guess we'll see what the EZ/Juice and no Attitude combo ends up looking like. I personally like my analog gages and don't need all of those functions. I don't need 0-60 and quarter mile times in my 8,000# dually, or the trans slip detection on my six shooter, my tach shows me RPM, my speedo shows my speed, my foot tells me load percentage and throttle position etc etc.

Sounds like a nice unit, just more than I need. I've been waiting on a smooth timing/duration to stack with my EZ so I can back it down a bit and not run such high fuel pressures. I need something smooth and not peaky or pipey. So far it sounds like the Juice has the smooth part down, it just doesn't seem right to handicap the guys not wanting the Attitude.

OT-OF-Here 01-11-2005 11:03 AM

Pls don't shoot....

Elmer,...pls don't shoot the messenger.

Mopar_Mudder 01-11-2005 11:07 AM

It will be interesting to see if the 555 version of the Juice makes more power. Reason I wonder this is that he EZ is like this

555 version makes 70 HP and 220 FT LB

600 version makes 65 HP and 150 FT LB

That said the Juice as it is now says 100 HP and 250 FT LB on their site, so you are only gaining 30 FT LB over the 555 version of the EZ, not much for the bigger price tag. If it comes in alot lower would be nice.

It will be interesting to see what kind of power they make when they are stacked.

Maybe because the 555 only has 2 injection events they can get more out of it?

JHardwick 01-11-2005 11:08 AM

Re: Pls don't shoot....

Originally posted by OT-OF-Here
Elmer,...pls don't shoot the messenger.
[laugh]

Jerry R 01-11-2005 06:11 PM

To much information to deal with and drive too. No thanks, but I do appreciate hearing about all the things it can do. That simple VA 3.1 just keeps looking better all the time.:cool:

Big Bob 01-12-2005 01:15 AM

Originally posted by Mark Craig
Big Bob,

No the stuff Scotty is making has no relation to what we have. All of our special gauge and Attitude mounts are made by Gauge Works, the same company that makes all the mounts for Auto Meter. They use Revo Tech material exclusively as it is the same type of material that is used in the OEM parts. In fact Guage Works makes the SRT10 pillar for Dodge and the instrument cluster for the Ford GT40!!!

We have two speical items for the 2003+ Dodges. One or should I say two items are the color matched and grain matched 2 or 3 gauge A pillars. They DO NOT fit over the stock A pillar and force you to cut the grab handle off of the factory pillar. They are double thick material from the same supplier that sells to Dodge for the factory A pillars, and bolt on like the factory pillar, no paint needed and the gauges are set in the pillar deeper as the old pillar isn't behind them to make them stick out, so the look is much better. These are NOT to be confused with some other brands of colored A pillars that have been sold out there that have warped and bowed out of shape!!

The second item is the Attitude mounts for the A pillar. They are also color and grain matched form the factory material. They allow the grab handle to stay in place and place the Attitude at the top of the dash angled toward the drivers line of sight. The Attiude is held in place with "mushroom tape" hard plastic stiff velcro, easy install and easy un install for dealer service needs etc. These are to be shipped to us late this week so no pics as of yet!! Call us on pricing.

Mark @ DPPI

Mark,

Do you have a 2 gauge pillar mount that will also accept the Attitude mount?

Are the any 2 gauge dash pod available?

Mark Craig 01-12-2005 02:13 PM

Big Bob,

No the Attitude mount is a seperate item and doesn't have provisions for gauges. We do have a dash top 3 gauge mount if that helps.

Mark @ DPPI

Lightman 01-12-2005 04:43 PM

I still am in disbelief the attitude doesn't display fuel pressure. Oh Edge, what were you thinking? All those fancy features and no FP!?

KeithSmith13 01-12-2005 05:34 PM

I ordered a ram mount from GPS city for mine to put it above the ash tray slot. That is where i have my Prodigy and external speaker for my cb mounted. I will post pics when i get it in. As for the Juice it is BAD A$$. I put it on 4 today and it was spooky. I have been running it on 2. I hope it improves my mileage but i am gonna have to keep my foot out of it if it is going to. :D