3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

How I installed an Air Dog, Sump & Filter Delete on '05 2500 W/O Dropping the Tank

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How I installed an Air Dog, Sump & Filter Delete on '05 2500 W/O Dropping the Tank

Hello to the forum on my first post. I have learned a lot from ya'll, so hope my experience with installing an Air Dog, Tank Sump and Fuel Filter Delete may be helpful for someone who is taking that on. I have preferred doing my own mechanic work for 40+ years. I enjoy it and I enjoy knowing the work has been done right (or I know I did it wrong!). This is my first diesel, having purchased it for towing a travel trailer, and it has quickly become my favorite of all the trucks I have owned. Torque with a capital T... awesome. Now that I'm done boring ya'll with that...

It can be challenging to find a location for the Air Dog that is out of the rock-throw zone of the front tire, to install a tank sump with fuel lines oriented rearward to minimize damage from road debris, to drill the tank sump hole without swimming in fuel, and to do it all without dropping the tank or raising the bed. While a youtube video would probably be the best method to show it all, I was too focused on the work to also do a vid, but did document in detail the steps I went through to accomplish the above. I am open to suggestions for improving the narrative or adding pics of the finished configuration if needed. The narrative begins with some detail on the benefits of the systems, then covers the installation and includes the parts I purchased. That's all contained in Evernote at the link below.

https://www.evernote.com/l/ADcVM2IH_...Td9lLgvwvqDVw8

Greg Porter
Mesa, AZ
2005 RAM 2500
Old 12-26-2018, 10:40 PM

very cool write up Greg , I definitely saved the image uploaded for future reference.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by dezertblingAZ
very cool write up Greg , I definitely saved the image uploaded for future reference.
excellent, I hope it helps.