3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

How to change sparkplugs? Where are they?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great tip about the muffler bearings.... man it works great
Old 06-22-2005, 08:58 PM
db

Don't trust these guys (I reconize mechanic talk when I here it)

So I went to Autozone & asked for you........He (The 16 year old behind the counter) looked it up on the computer and started to ask all the vital info.

It was going well but I wasn't sure if you had a long or short bed, I guessed - but then he asked me which diesel you had....The V-6 or the Hemi , Hell how should I know. After that I relized I couldn't possibly answer the rest of the questions I just asked him if I could look at all of them. That's when he said that they had all of but the year you needed. Boy I was this close to finding out for you.

Sorry but you can't argue with that computer It's puurdy smart ya know.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:34 PM

Sold

Originally posted by snow104
That does it!
Time for a new truck
3200 mi. and mi troubles begin
I wonder how much I'll get for it on trade
Low mi.
Hey Snow104, i'll give you 80 million Turkish Lira for your old worn out 05, I mean the 06 Mega cab is out now.

L8r,..................dogger
Old 06-22-2005, 09:55 PM

Dont you guys know anything? The sparkplugs are in the middle of the valves, and dont forget to grease em!!! Sheesh
Old 06-22-2005, 10:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: LH spark plugs

Originally posted by dogger
I have a friend who moved up from "Down Under" and his Cummins needs left hand thread spark plugs due to the "Coriolis effect". Dang if he can find any in the states. Anyone know where he can get such spark plugs for a 98 CTD short of ordering from Aussie-land; shipping and handling fees will kill him. Of course his vehicle is right hand drive but that is okay because thanks to Mr. Gaspard G. Coriolis (civil engineer - all engineers are uncouth misfits, not a civil one in the lot) his motor rotates the opposite direction in the Northern Hemisphere giving him 6 reverse gears and one forward gear, so when he is driving down the road in 6th reverse the steering wheel is on the correct side of the road ensuring safe passing. Of course he spends a lot of time at the chiropractor for the crick in his neck from looking over his shoulder to drive.

Any help greatly appreciated.

L8r,..............dogger
If you tell you friend to use the headlight rotation warned against below he won't have any trouble with the lights.

Originally posted by Pull U 2
NEVER NEVER NEVER rotate with the tail lights!!! If you do when you turn on your headlights your truck will stop and when you step on the brakes you'll blind the people behind you!! C'mon guys use some common sense here......
Old 06-22-2005, 10:30 PM

John you better go defend yourself
They are picking on you

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=70856
Old 06-23-2005, 12:19 AM

My dealer said...since you drilled holes in your air box, you should also drill holes in the intercooler too. It breathes better.

While I'm at it, I might port my oil pan.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:23 AM

Radiator too!

Originally posted by BEHRMAN
My dealer said...since you drilled holes in your air box, you should also drill holes in the intercooler too. It breathes better.

While I'm at it, I might port my oil pan.
I'm thinking of opening up the radiator also that way when it rains I get fresh, clean water into the cooling system. Maybe take 25% of the core tubes and point them forward then 25% point them rearward for RAM (pun intended) effect. Of course we had a foot of snow here last Christmas, so I guess I will just have to park my vehicle those days.

L8r,................dogger
Old 06-23-2005, 07:59 AM

These Dodges are to hard to understand I might have to sale and buy a
Stoker or a Duramax, at lease I know where the spark plugs are on them and they said you only if to rotate the headlight once a year. And as a bonus they will replace the summer air in your tires for free
Old 06-23-2005, 05:45 PM

I drove my Cummings, which Ford owns, to get some gas in 'er when my dang spark plugs started missings... get thos part numbers posted, quick!

-jeff
Old 06-24-2005, 11:47 AM

Well after getting the crank out and finding my spark plugs, I managed to get everything back together and running. It seems to be running a little rough so I went to napa and got 9 cans of CIC (Compression-Inna-Can). I know it is only reccomended to use 1 can per cylinder, but I figured if I used 1.5 cans per cylinder, it will increase my HP by 50%. On my old gasser I used to get "Boxospark" for the distributer I would either get an 8 and a 4 pack, or 2 6 packs. The trick was trick the distributer cap back over without spilling it. My questions are, where is the distributer of these Cummins, and is it hard to get to?

Originally posted by Rocky
These Dodges are to hard to understand I might have to sale and buy a
Stoker or a Duramax, at lease I know where the spark plugs are on them and they said you only if to rotate the headlight once a year. And as a bonus they will replace the summer air in your tires for free
My service department will no longer just change the air in the tires, they are telling me " To meet the new EPA reqirements for Global warming, we are required to capture the summer air and winter air from the tires. We then have to store them untill the proper season arrives, at which point they are released for recycling. Int doing this, the tire needs to be dismounted, flushed, rremounted, THEN filled with the proper air." There fore, at $250.00 per season, I do my own.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:57 AM

i made sure i didnt have to deal with the winter / summer air in the tires so i went ahead and bought the summer wheel and tire package at local tire shop since my truck came standard with winter air. any body know where the water filler is on the turbo cooler? i couldnt find it so tapped the top side of it and ran a new one next to the radiator. boy does she pull hard now, it was bone dry.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:28 PM
WL.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yall aint right
Old 06-25-2005, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by cincydiesel
( I think the spark plugs are in the heated seats)
Better not fart then. Might lose you butt.

Originally posted by BEHRMAN
I removed the air box AND the intercooler. I got a long hose to run to the front of the grille, and then attached a big galvanized trash can lid, to act as an air scoop. Gots lots scream (turbo whine ) and some bling. Nice and shiney all polished up. Talk about a Ram air intake. Works better than a Scotty. Has that cowl hole beat by a long shot. The faster you drive, the better. Running 100mph, it dropped my EGTs by about 800*. Time for more fuel.

I think AutoZone will have the left-hand spark plugs. They have EVERYTHING you could EVER need for a diesel.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:19 PM

Just had the winter air taken out of my tires and replaced it with summer air. Dealer gives you a break on cost if you do that twice a year as they save on air replacement!

Quick Reply: How to change sparkplugs? Where are they?