3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

How to change sparkplugs? Where are they?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 04:40 PM

Location: Eagle, Idaho. Please set your watch back 20 years when entering.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by snow104
Do you rotate them with the tail lights
Do you rotate front to back or criss cross
or will that make the tread on the bulb fall off
If they are radial bulbs, don't rotate them criss cross!

100 Proof
Old 06-21-2005, 04:54 PM

I think my head lights are bias, and my tail lights are radial
Old 06-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Tire Hater

Originally posted by Pull U 2
NEVER NEVER NEVER rotate with the tail lights!!! If you do when you turn on your headlights your truck will stop and when you step on the brakes you'll blind the people behind you!! C'mon guys use some common sense here......
\

FINALLY SOMEONE GETS IT
Old 06-21-2005, 07:48 PM

That does it!
Time for a new truck
3200 mi. and mi troubles begin
I wonder how much I'll get for it on trade
Low mi.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:39 PM

Can someone please tell me when I have the bulbs sitting right side up? I'm tired of having to drive upside down so I can see the road at night.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:57 AM

LH spark plugs

I have a friend who moved up from "Down Under" and his Cummins needs left hand thread spark plugs due to the "Coriolis effect". Dang if he can find any in the states. Anyone know where he can get such spark plugs for a 98 CTD short of ordering from Aussie-land; shipping and handling fees will kill him. Of course his vehicle is right hand drive but that is okay because thanks to Mr. Gaspard G. Coriolis (civil engineer - all engineers are uncouth misfits, not a civil one in the lot) his motor rotates the opposite direction in the Northern Hemisphere giving him 6 reverse gears and one forward gear, so when he is driving down the road in 6th reverse the steering wheel is on the correct side of the road ensuring safe passing. Of course he spends a lot of time at the chiropractor for the crick in his neck from looking over his shoulder to drive.

Any help greatly appreciated.

L8r,..............dogger
Old 06-22-2005, 09:53 AM

I can't find the web site right now, but I'm sure that I read that CDT spark plugs have a long service life. Something like 500,000 miles or more - so I wouldn't worry about changing them too soon. I know some guys who tow heavy that think you are crazy to go more than 100,000 miles on a set of plugs but I would trust the manual for service intervals.

For rotating the lights, there's another web site (that I can't find now either) that sells a polarizing filter you just apply to the lens. At the recommended intervals you just flip the filter. Remember though that this maintenance is NOT based on mileage but on the hours of operation of the bulb - so if you drive with the lights on or ride your brakes a lot you need to do this more often.

For both of these things though, in California it's different.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:26 AM

My radio has run out of songs.... where can I get refills?
Old 06-22-2005, 02:15 PM

Beam me up Scotty

This thread proves that life here is more intelligent than we initially thought. I don't know what they are going to due when they realize California had it right all along.

L8r,................dogger
Old 06-22-2005, 03:43 PM

I was just setting in my chair being humble, just thinking I knew something about my truck, BUT after reading this thread, now I’m setting in my chair confused and in a daze, thinking that I know nothing about my truck.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:04 PM

Radio refills

Originally posted by widelod
My radio has run out of songs.... where can I get refills?
Go to your local diner and there should be a personal juke box in the booth, click your heels and say radar backwards trice, then make your selections. They only allow 20 songs per fillup though.

L8r,...........dogger
Old 06-22-2005, 08:01 PM

Originally posted by Pull U 2
This one is a little tricky, but it can be done!! You need to order Dilithium crystals for the key fob and place them in the rear cover where the battery would go. Point it at the fluggelbinder on the radio while facing N by SW at 7:06 Pacific Standard time and push the panic button. DONT LOOK AT THE BEAM!!! That should give you enough songs to last awhile.........
No you are confussed.
That is the procedure to make the seat belt dinger quit dinging, every time you start the truck

Quick Reply: How to change sparkplugs? Where are they?