3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help with FASS Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with FASS Please

My son and I are installing a FASS Titanium 165 on his 2003 Dodge 2500 5.9. The 2003 had the in-line diesel fuel lift pump which is attached on the back of the fuel filter canister not in the fuel tank. We are using a sump kit that has both a fuel and return line. I have figured out most everything as far as mounting the pump and sorting the fuel lines at the back of the truck and am ready to move from the back to the front of the truck with the fuel feed line to plumb it into the CP3 Injection Pump.

We did not buy a fuel filter canister delete kit so it’s staying in place right now. The FASS instructions do not cover my question, which is what if anything, do I need to do concerning the fuel lines associated with the old fuel filter canister? The instructions just show me putting a fitting on the original fuel charge line going into the CP3 and attaching the new FASS fuel charge line to that fitting in the CP3. Do I need to plug anything off to remove the old fuel canister from the system now or does it stay in the mix and the fuel still goes through the old fuel filter canister?

I sure would appreciate some help, thx,

TXPower
Old 09-23-2018, 06:27 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I bypassed the canister and pump on my 04.5. I left everything where it was at and capped off the factory lines just incase sumpthing happened and had to resort back to the factory system.
The only thing I did was unplug the fuel heater and water sensor on the factory canister. Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks ftltmp, I figured it out. For anyone that may do this in the future and wonder. It should have been elementary I guess but you remove the factory fuel feed line and replace with a fitting and 90 degree hose fitting both supplied in the FASS kit. I was worried before I got to that part because the instructions don't talk about what to do with the factory fuel feed line. The factory fuel line is steel with a banjo bolt that screws into the CP3. Once I removed that bolt/line I followed it back to where it turns to rubber (it comes from the factory fuel filter bowl), I pulled the clamp off, pulled the steel line out of it and found a bolt about the same size pushed it into the rubber line and put a small hose clamp on it to seal it off.

TXPower