3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Help With Engine Noise !

Old 10-02-2007, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sapps
I added Don M Flux 1's to my 07 and saw no difference in noise... Im happy!! must only be a problem with big sticks.

I am also thoroughly frustrated with the lack of custom programming for the 06.5-07's!!! Im running stock now with the mp8 because the smarty smoked way to much towing. Waiting for the C5 to get worked out.
hey I feel your pain
im in the same boat. lets start a no box available club. It can be you, me and tritont lol
Old 10-02-2007, 06:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jwb600
hey I feel your pain
im in the same boat. lets start a no box available club. It can be you, me and tritont lol
I think Quad is pretty much our only option. Hopefully the new boxes stack well!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Banned

LOL.... man if I was only a programmer I'd be rich!

Right now I have my faith in the Smarty to have some good stuff soon. The Bully Dog also has some good stuff I'm getting ready to try out. Keeping my eye on PPE and VA. I don't believe Quad has the power we're looking for.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tritont
LOL.... man if I was only a programmer I'd be rich!

Right now I have my faith in the Smarty to have some good stuff soon. The Bully Dog also has some good stuff I'm getting ready to try out. Keeping my eye on PPE and VA. I don't believe Quad has the power we're looking for.
Not on it's own, but if the 140hp race box stacks well with the Smarty then our problems are over.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Banned

I have not gave up.I'm working with 2 f1 dealers to try to solve this issue.I know Don is aware and he'll do his best!
Old 10-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Banned

It's More Of A Pingy Sound Versus A Knocking Sound And It Does It Under A Slight Load,never In A Neutral Rev.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Banned

I put the stockers back in today and things are running normal with no noise!!
Old 10-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Banned

Hmmmm..... who's injectors they were. It won't be bashing but more something to have in mine when buying them.

I have the same problem you do and am using extrude honed injectors. It may not be their quality at all but more a sizing issue or something else. My injectors checked out good so it's not like one was cracked causing the issue.

If the other having this problem list who their injectors are from too, maybe something could be narrowed down..... or not

I'm glad you were able to get rid of it. It's very annoying but, doesn't take away from anything.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Banned

Hmmmm..... who's injectors they were. It won't be bashing but more something to have in mine when buying them.

I have the same problem you do and am using extrude honed injectors. It may not be their quality at all but more a sizing issue or something else. My injectors checked out good so it's not like one was cracked causing the issue.

If the other having this problem list who their injectors are from too, maybe something could be narrowed down..... or not

I'm glad you were able to get rid of it. It's very annoying but, doesn't take away from anything.

I'm glad you're one of them who pays attention, cause I'm not trying to bash.I took out flux .9's.They will fully reimburse me, but the dealer was very annoyed with the whole situation,even though it's been a month.I was glad another dealer took the initiative to help me though I didn't buy from him
Old 10-06-2007, 08:15 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Would you PM me the dealer that handled it? I'm gonna be looking for new injectors before too long, and I'm all about customer service. If your product is the best in the world and you customer service is non existant......what is the point? Glad things are at least coming around for ya #2! Thanks in advance!
Old 10-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Banned

Ok, so that already shows it's not brand specific and very well may not be the actually injector. It could be sizing ???

My search continues
Old 10-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Banned

Ok, so that already shows it's not brand specific and very well may not be the actually injector. It could be sizing ???

My search continues
Anything is possible, but I believe Don does a throughal test on your bodies.The funny thing is , these were very small, but they are also in beta testing.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Banned

hey i have that noise!
Old 10-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Banned

Are you absolutely sure that the feed tube (crossover tubes) are set to the body of the injector properly, they can cause lots of headaches if not. The OBDII like triton mentioned will find the bad one by doing an injector cutout test.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 973604x4
hey i have that noise!
If you like that noise keep them in,if you don't like that noise take them out.If it's the same noise as what i heard then you'll eventually take them out anyways due to a major repair.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help With Engine Noise !