3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Headlight on only w/ignition on!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlights on only w/ignition on!?!

Previous post I stated that my door locks only work with the ignition on and the FOB doesn't work at all. I just discovered that my headlights/running lights also only now work with the ignition on.

This all started when I attempted to upgrade a Smarty tune. It wouldn't take the upgrade. I soon found out that I needed to pull the fuel pump relay and the ABS fuses. When I did this is when it all started. The Smarty's display won't even come on and the previous problems above occurred. I put the fuses and relay back and it still is broken.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Peter
Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mountain Ram,

Sorry to hear about your troubles there...

My only suggestion might be to download the latest tune to the Smarty in an effort to "refesh" the Smarty tune.
Then, I would see if you can turn your truck back to stock with the Smarty.
Next, I would unhook your batteries for a short time in your truck in an effort to "reboot" the truck's electronics.

I don't know if you have tried this or not, NOR if this is the "silver bullet"? If the problems continue with the Smarty ("The Smarty's display won't even come on..."), then I would definitely cntact Bob Wagner with MADS.

Good luck...hope this helps!