3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Haisley Street Puller Twin Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haisley Street Puller Twin Clutch

Okay, I've officially decided that there is NO way that a single disc clutch is going to live in my truck. Does any body have a Haisley Twin disc? I'm looking for driveability issues, they state that you must remove and inspect every year! That sucks! What about the Southbend Twins? Anybody run one yet? My ConFE slips quite abit, and I don't want to have to worry about a stupid clutch problem anymore. I am starting to get into Sledpulling, so that is also a concern. Let me know any feedback please!
Old 04-07-2005, 03:38 PM

About any dual disc is going to have be removed on a somewhat regular basis and inspect parts if you do any real driving.
They all have a maintenance schedule of sorts.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:25 PM

Do you like your SBC DD? Can you launch in 3rd 4x4 and it not slip? I want a clutch that I can drag race with and actually compete with automatics. If I could launch in 3rd and the clutch held, I could beat anything around here. I don't have much problem now, but the clutch just doesn't hold. I want to be able to sledpull as well.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:37 PM

Your not going to slip the South Bend DD's unless its intentional.

I think mine is rated somewhere around 650hp.

One thing about South Bend Clutch, Peter one of the owners takes care of his customers and can respond to problems.

If you have a problem or need something taken care of he is the guy to go to!
I got upgraded for free to the inserted flywheel and improved pressure plate levers, along with a new centerplate with heat relief's machined in.

Pedal effort has gone down by about 50%, very nice!! and the new flywheel makes dis-engagement and engagement alot smoother than the steel face it replaced.

I would recommend SBC to anyone and would purchase another in a heartbeat! (if I had another manual truck!)

The FE is known to slip alot with modified 3rd gen trucks.
Mark Chapple was slipping his FE on the Mustang dyno, he upgraded to the DD and the problem went away.

Dont get me wrong if you want a Haisley get the Haisley, they are a good bunch of people that know their business very well.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:16 PM

I'm just doing my research, I haven't talked to either company yet, but plan on it soon. I appreciate your input very much. You've been very helpful. If anybody has any other experiences please post up!
Old 04-08-2005, 12:49 AM

I have the Haisley Street Puller DD. It is awesome! You won't be disappointed if you get one. It is noisier than stock, rattles a bit in neutral, but other than that, it shifts as easy as the stock clutch and is just as smooth. It takes a few miles to get used to as the dual disk clutches do behave a bit different that singles, but you catch on pretty quick. If I had to do it again I would get the same clutch again!

PS. The third gear launches are awesome!
Old 04-08-2005, 11:26 AM

Sweet! That's what I wanted to hear. How long have you had it? How many miles on it?
Old 04-08-2005, 01:02 PM

Make sure that you tell both vendors that you intend to pull with your truck. That will affect the recomendations that both South Bend and Haisley will give you. Pulling will slip the clutch and that will destroy some clutch materials in short order. Both companies make good clutches but be sure you are honest with them when asking about their products.
Good luck Jason
Old 04-08-2005, 01:58 PM

I have had my Street Puller for 6 months or so. I've only put 3000miles on it so far, but I LOVE IT!!!! Talk to Van Haisley, it is worth hearing what he has to say. They are excellent people to deal with!
Old 04-08-2005, 10:56 PM

Make sure it is SFI certified. Which I think Haiseley's and others are.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:59 AM

You need to check out the EEP dual disk pulling clutch,They are working on the SFI certs as we speek,,Im on the list to pick one up.. If you search the net this clutch is used buy lots of people pulling with big HP and this clutch is still very streetable..

Click here
Old 04-10-2005, 09:52 AM

I am running a SB Dual Disk 3600 .......... I LOVE it!!! Even my wife drives it and dont complain about the clutch.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:06 AM

Awesome! Thanks to everyone for the feedback. The only real worry for me was pedal effort and maintenance. I may sled pull it two or three times a year, so I don't want to have to pull the clutch out that many times too. I will talk with both southbend and Van Haisley, I'll look into the EEP as well. Thanks again