Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Glacier Lift pump problem (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/glacier-lift-pump-problem-177841/)

mcolectd 11-12-2007 06:27 PM

Glacier Lift pump problem

Just got a glacier lift pump on my truck and it did good for about 2 days, but now out of nowhere it keeps actin like its runnin outa fuel. It died on me twice today, and when it doesn't die, it feels like its about to then it picks up again. Whats goin on?

trx 11-12-2007 07:03 PM

i think i may have the same problem but only happens when at a 1/4 tank or less.When i installed pick up tube i stuck it as low in the tank as possible and cut the end on a bevel thought this would avoid my problem

mcolectd 11-12-2007 07:04 PM

Ya mine started at 1/4 tank and below, then I put some more diesel in it and thought I had it fixed but then ten miles down the road it started doin it again so something else is wrong with mine

Rpainter 11-12-2007 07:11 PM

maybe a little air is getting into the system somewhere when you put the kit in did you maybe overtinght something to much and crack it? Call Richard tomorrow he is great with customer service

SSminnow 11-12-2007 08:43 PM

Best thing to do is call Richard and give him all teh details, great guy with great customer service. Not picking, but probaly install error is all.

mcolectd 11-12-2007 10:18 PM

Ya maybe so, I'll check into it

DaveB.inVa 11-12-2007 10:39 PM

I agree with the above comments that its probably something to do with the pickup. Anywhere else you'd have some visible leaking.

Are you able to run on the stock pump without problems?

j-fox 11-13-2007 07:22 AM

Guys, I had the " no pressure at or below 1/4 tank."
After checking and changing many things, I went back to a stock pick-up and it is solved. ( I had a draw straw ).
A partial plugged filter did have some effect.
My best guess is that the larger pick up tube cannot maintain the siphon @ low fuel and low demand.
But , make sure there is no way to get air into the system as it will do the same. (loose siphon ).

mcolectd 11-13-2007 09:45 AM

Ya mine worked good with the stock pump. I'm gona put a new fuel filter in today and see what happens but I've got a full tank right now and its doing fine. Mine starts jackin up right below a half a tank then just gets worse and worse from there. Once it gets below a quarter tank it gets really bad and starts dying on me

trx 11-13-2007 08:23 PM

so has the new filter fixed anything? Looking for answers before i have to drop the tank and check the pick up tube for cracks

mcolectd 11-15-2007 10:43 AM

I dono yet, I've still got 3/4 tank and it seems to be doin fine

schu 11-15-2007 05:04 PM

What fuel pressure are you guys seeing? I get just over 20psi, which seems high to me.

schu

DaveB.inVa 11-15-2007 07:37 PM

I get right at 20 psi all day long with the 392 Perf. system. It may drop a pound or two when I really get on it. I'm not using much fuel over stock though.

KMKDiesel 11-15-2007 07:48 PM

That pump is capable of 120 psi and if you do not have the bypass return on the pump you will blow apart your fuel lines. Another diesel shop here sold just the pump to a guy and said that was all he needed. And when it screwed up crap on his truck from too much pressure they wouldnt do anything about it but richard put him in the right path and got things going again.

mcolectd 11-15-2007 08:21 PM

I dono what fuel pressure I'm seein, havn't go a fuel gauge yet