Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Getting closer on the "Igniter" (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/getting-closer-igniter-53864/)

Don M 10-31-2004 12:20 PM

Getting closer on the "Igniter"

We are finally getting some headway on the pressure/timing box we started on this spring:)

I have the encryption finished and the programming is being hashed out now. I have the programming software where I can actually operate the vehicle while driving down the road and have a direct interface to the box through the laptop. This is enabling me to tweak the software to get the absolute best driveability/power while being very careful to not exceed a safe limit of the factory hard parts. I.E. injectors, pump, rail, etc.

The millions of adjustments I have are absolutely the most comprehensive in every way. I can tweak everything and anything on rail pressure, boost pressure, and timing.

This is going to help me have the ability to create the best program out there for our Common Rail rigs. Coupled to a set of our injectors and camshaft expands my ability even further.

Don~

signature600 10-31-2004 12:36 PM

WOW! Congrats on what looks like an excellant project, Don.

I'm still not buying a 3rd Gen[laugh] . Still can't get past the lack of rattle, and loudness. Sounds like crap with a straight pipe, too:D .

Congrats,
chris

Don M 10-31-2004 12:45 PM

I can tune in all the rattle you want[laugh] Of course the engine might not last but a few hundred miles.

yzfr6 10-31-2004 12:45 PM

DonM
what kind of hp goals are you looking at with the combined package?

Don M 10-31-2004 12:59 PM

Box only = 100 HP range.

Box/Injectors can exceed 200.

Don~

v8440 10-31-2004 01:49 PM

What about the torque boost with box/injectors? And, the torque and hp gain with box, injectors, and cam?

Don M 10-31-2004 03:41 PM

I will know more by the end of the week. I have a few days I can free up Wednesday and Thursday and its off to the dyno for a few days of testing.

We are using a 04.5 truck too!! I have been tweaking the maps all day yesterday and part of the day today. I think I have them close, but testing will tell the story.:)

I have been excited like crazy to get rolling on this thing.

:cool:

blown32 10-31-2004 05:10 PM

How about MPG improvements? I hate to say it, but I could live with current power if I could get a better fuel burn rate. Ok.... I still want more power!:D

BADBOWTIE 11-06-2004 08:55 AM

These comments sound like they are coming from a man who really enjoys what he does. Now I can only wait to see the results of his experimenting. Hope all goes well for you Don.
Jason