3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ebay twins,i bought em,kinda long

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 0lywrench
Mpi is who i wanted to deal with in the beginning but i found him arrogant and unacomadating,granted my wishes were different than most.I also know of a couple people not very happy with his work or customer service,but every company has there own group of nay sayers and flag wavers.

Glad you like you twins,i like mine too.But i am certainly glad you chimed in with your know nothing insulting post,go blow mpi on your own time in your own thread cheerleader thank you

and these staments are by no means an insult to mpi,ive seen his product,very nice work,to bad he couldnt tune his customers like he can turbos
Oly, i'm glad you got a set that works. You made the right choice after seeing all the r/d I ended up doing on my last set with 0 results along with the dyno #s. Hell you even dynoed higher than I did with a single. Learning lesson the hard way because at this point all but 2 parts had to be modified and the time involved and money to get it to work right I could have bought a bolt on set that worked from the start than what I have in mine now. Everybody has different goals and what works for some dosen't work for all. My set worked great for daily driving and a usable 450-500 hp tops. Towing my 12 k trailer was impossible even with just my injectors 350 hp. High drive pressures/ egts was the plague from the stockers exhaust housing.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:33 PM

I will say if i got aggitated quickly its because im a little tired of people who dont own a product but are willing to bash it come out of the wood work rather quickly,i went through this with my arson kit,i bought it during the first or second production run so there wernt many around,wish i didnt delete all the pms about what a fool i was to buy it.Or one of the first dtt shift enhansers same thing.

I like to try different things,not all work some do.to each his own.just because some of you have mpi products does not mean that I would have randomly added to a thread "oh hes a jerk" just to see my self type and to stir the pot.
thx for your time,one more thing,if they do blow up or come apart or what ever i will be the first to post it on here,not afraid of showing my mistakes
Old 08-19-2008, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by 0lywrench
I will say if i got aggitated quickly its because im a little tired of people who dont own a product but are willing to bash it come out of the wood work rather quickly,i went through this with my arson kit,i bought it during the first or second production run so there wernt many around,wish i didnt delete all the pms about what a fool i was to buy it.Or one of the first dtt shift enhansers same thing.

I like to try different things,not all work some do.to each his own.just because some of you have mpi products does not mean that I would have randomly added to a thread "oh hes a jerk" just to see my self type and to stir the pot.
thx for your time,one more thing,if they do blow up or come apart or what ever i will be the first to post it on here,not afraid of showing my mistakes
Glad I'm not the only person to feel this way.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Banned

If those twins will support lets say a conservative # of 750hp then they keep my fueling nice and cool. I Don't think they would not do that and drive pressures would be a concern as it is now with the single Charger I have currently. The Ht3b does not support tons fuel. Maybe a good towing set up thow
Old 08-19-2008, 10:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cquestad
If DPS can cast housings...I wonder why they can't TIG steel? Or even cast a cold pipe or hot pipe!!!!!!!! Something original!
Last time I called DPS and checked out their twin turbo setup, they cast the hot pipe in their twins.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:50 AM

Now....thats some good info. Lets see some pics!

I have been the first to junp too many times....

I had the first A5k in public on a 3rd gen...no one but ATS thought it could spool...and boy it sure did!

I also haearly versions of many fuel boxs...Smarty tunes etc.

I am just trying to really say one thing...

In order to protect your pocket book...make informed decisions.

So...in this case...I hope you know a lot about compound turbo design and just turbo construction/design in general or...I would let other people try first.

Trust...but verify.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:36 PM

This is a good thread. I like the fact that these turbos are affordable to just about anyone wanting to get into twins. Im sure there is better stuff out there, but i know this much, i cant get BD twins for under 5600 here in canada but i can get these for 3599 SHIPPED to my house. So let me think about this?? And by the sounds of things, they look decent and they are 2 common charges if anything was to happen. And on another note, i will be buying a set of these once i can afford too and i hope they work as well as they are explained.

Oly. Can you pst some better pictures wen you have a chance. Maybe a few from under neith the truck Thanks
Old 08-20-2008, 12:41 PM

will do,ive got a local gut coming today,i thin,to look em over and have ride so we will see what he says,hes on here
Old 08-20-2008, 01:32 PM

Oly, post back on here so we can all see the results and another opinion also.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:01 PM

Talking twins

Me and my friend just ordered a set for both of our trucks and they will be in friday. Brett at dps whenI talked to him today about the turbos let me know they would be here friday.he also let me know that he was out of the polished hard pipe and won't have them till wednesday of next week but was gonna overnight them to me when he gets his hands on them but he sent me the silicone pipe till he gets the other ones. I don't know about you guys but thats pretty good service and also said the small turbo was a 64/12/66 and big turbo was a 74/24/76 "I think thats right" and there all casted in house and new with warranty which is very cool. Hope they are impressive. I'm dying to put them on its gonna be an all nighter The price definitly fits my pocket alot better too. Hope they are what they say they are its good to see new people with new products.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:59 PM

I'm the one who was trying to get over to see 0lys twins today. I got sent back over to eastern Washington this morning and couldn't get back in time to meet up with him. Hopefully this week I will be able to!
Old 08-20-2008, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by bigsilver
Me and my friend just ordered a set for both of our trucks and they will be in friday. Brett at dps whenI talked to him today about the turbos let me know they would be here friday.he also let me know that he was out of the polished hard pipe and won't have them till wednesday of next week but was gonna overnight them to me when he gets his hands on them but he sent me the silicone pipe till he gets the other ones. I don't know about you guys but thats pretty good service and also said the small turbo was a 64/12/66 and big turbo was a 74/24/76 "I think thats right" and there all casted in house and new with warranty which is very cool. Hope they are impressive. I'm dying to put them on its gonna be an all nighter The price definitly fits my pocket alot better too. Hope they are what they say they are its good to see new people with new products.

congrats and keep us posted
Old 08-22-2008, 01:43 AM

So is anyone going to be putting this set on the rollers in the next few months? It's looking like I'll be either going with Nathan's stocker/S400 or this setup. Just trying to round up the final details before i throw doun $3+ grand
Old 08-22-2008, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by goose2w1
So is anyone going to be putting this set on the rollers in the next few months? It's looking like I'll be either going with Nathan's stocker/S400 or this setup. Just trying to round up the final details before i throw doun $3+ grand
I received my set of these on Wednesday and had them on in 4hrs. Granted I did have some loose ends to tie up and double check all the fittings, but it was no more than another hour. I will say with the height of my truck, it was easier to remove the passenger side fender than to try to work over it. This kit is really straight forward and really easy to install. I will start with the one negative, the boost pipe from turbo to intercooler left a little bit to be desired for my application. I have the banks intercooler and this caused a problem with this kit. However even with the fitment problem of the provided pipe causing me to have to build my own, it is still way more affordable than most of the other kits out there.

As far as performance and road manors go, these things spool in about the time that the stock turbo did, if not quicker. They are extremly quiet turbos. It is kind of weird how quiet everything is, they changed the tone of my exhaust drastically. It does not have any drone to it at all anymore.

I have not had the chance to tow anything yet with them, but I can say driving around town, stop & go as well as 60mph, that these things stay really cool compared to the htb2 that I was running. It is like I am driving a totally different truck. I just has awesome daily driving manors. I plan on getting my truck on the dyno within the next couple weeks to see how things have improved. I also am making a road trip from ID to S. CA in September and will love to see how they perform at different elevations and environments.

There is a lot of talk about the price reflecting quality, and sometimes that is the case, but only time will tell how these will hold up. Overall I am really impressed. If you are thinking about getting these I would say DO IT.

I will post back after I have more time on these and have the chance to run it on the dyno.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Banned

What Kind of fueling mods do you Have? What size injectors? What are drive pressures like?

Quick Reply: Ebay twins,i bought em,kinda long