3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

now what???

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
now what???

so i have stacked my BDDL and my new Quad race box.
but it seems that the turbo has more lag to it.
seems to pick up kinda slow, then wants to jet out of town,and then the tranny doesn't seem to know what to do.
i have tranny upgrades in the works, but as for the turbo lag, do i need a larger turbo now???
and how can i get my EGT's a little lower?????
i have upgraded the exhaust to 05 elbow, and full 4", with an Air raid intake,but at a loss right now.
maybe a menthol injection?????
a Banks high ram intake???
a bigger intercooler????
something????
what can i expect from these upgrades other then killing my tranny and roasting my tires????
Old 09-12-2005, 11:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The combo of BDDL and Quad Race may not be a complimentary stack. If your laggy with the stock turbo, probably be worse with a larger turbo. You probably need a box with more variable control to find a workable combination with the BDDL. I am going to try the Hot Juice and maybe EZ with the BDDL and see if there is a combination that will give me more usable power. Might be and might not be. Then will try TST PowerMaxCR with BDDL or EZ and see.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:01 AM

Ramwheels is right on the money those two may not compliment each other and will probably be worse with a big single on the bottom. I have heard the ramifier stacks very well with the bddl. What kind of temps are you getting stacked and the bddl by its self?? My bddl runs quite cool on the extreme . Its hard to get over 1300. When i had the juice it seemed to have more bottom end than the bddl at least under 1800 rpm . The bddl has abit more from 1800 on up. When i get my juice back i am going to try stacking it with the bddl and see what happens. I will post the results.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seems several people have mentioned that stack not working well. Just speculation, but the Quad box doesn't do all traditional "fooling". It convinces the ECM to do several of the things that it does all on its own. Seems the code used in the downloader program is just not very friendly and not as agreeing with what the Quad box is asking it to do, creating conflicts if you will, resulting lackluster performance. The Quad box just wasn't written for the code the downloader uses.

Lots of other stuff stacks well with the downloader though. Just pick something else. If your more partial to the Quad box, pick up a VA C3.2. It stacks well with the Quad boxes and makes really good power together.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:37 AM

the best stack for the bddl is a pressure only box the bddl and quad box both do the same timing,duration and pressure so stacking the two is probably not the best idea.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:09 AM

what would be the best stack with just the bddl
Old 09-13-2005, 06:49 PM

I had my bddl stacked with a predator stage 1 and the truck ran awesome but the predator went out so I got the quad box and I like it alot but it does not have the low end I had with the pred. and bddl stacked.I think an edge fuel box would stack well with the bddl you just have to watch you dont get to high on rail pressure ,thats when the tow setting is nice on the bddl because it does no press. on tow setting.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:13 PM

thanks for the replies, i figured that it was the combination of the 2.
the temps i am seeing are very high, with just the downloader, i can hit 1500 in a flash, and thats where my gauge stops reading.
it doesn't see this punishment very often, maybe twice so far, at the track, but a little too hot for my liking.
i would like to get the EGT's down some more,and i am going to maybe play with a different box, or different downloader to see what works together. just need to get the tranny looked at.
i am thinking a torque converter and valve body will be the first upgrades to go into the trans.
i haven't been able to punch the 2 boxes together to see what temps i will get as the trans slips and i end up just letting off the skinny pedal in hopes to save the trans and drivetrain.
i also don't get mmuch smoke either, which was kinda disapointing.