3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Diablosport Predator - Disappointing performance and customer service

Old 10-24-2007, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablosport Predator - Disappointing performance and customer service

Now I usually dont take complaints about a company to an open forums, however, I have tried everything to get this worked out.

Now the problem is that my predator just isn't making much power at all. My truck, on performance, is pretty much same as stock just with lots of smoke. I've tried all three settings and pretty much the same, not much power. I've tried setting back to stock then retune, same problem.

I have searched these forums and diablo sport forums to try and find a solution and no luck. I called customer service today and talked to some girl there and she just told me there is nothing she can do and that I should have lots of power.

Well all in all pretty frustrated, just want to figure out what is going wrong and not feel like the company i just dished out $400 dollars too doesnt care.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:00 PM

anyone else not getting a password when trying to register on diablo sport forum?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:15 PM

hate to hear your having problems, what kind of numbers do diabo advertice, i to have a downloader the ppe, a let me tell you theres no question of power its actually to me unreal the power mine says 85/155/215 at the f.w. wich they said was 73/143/203 at the pavement i fiqured this is 12% they said 15% for autos. whats your number suposed to be? if you dont feel its right send it back, id say try the ppe but not many other on hear have tryed it, to me its worth braging about ex. customer servce cant ever talk to anyone.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by spooling
anyone else not getting a password when trying to register on diablo sport forum?
I think it takes a day. You will probably get it tomorrow. I would then attempt to email Johan and post your question on the forum.

HOWEVER...If you're getting more smoke, that means you're getting more fuel. That should be more power.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:45 PM

it advertises 160 RWHP and 230 ft/lb TQ on Extreme tune. This isn't my first truck or programmer, I had a 6.0 liter GMC Sierra with a hypertec tune that would beat this truck.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:59 PM

I am guessing something is not right. I agree the customer service is far from Smarty customer service. But the power boost from the predator is huge. I ran mine on RKL Extreme (non-stack) for a bit. The power was insane. Clutch slipped immediately. It smoked like crazy, which is totally not my bag, so I changed it. With time, the idle got rougher and rougher, even in high idle mode. I will probably run it again being I change stuff around often (at least until I get a re-flash and a smarty). If your truck is stock, and you installed extreme, it should have blown your socks off. If it did not, something weird is going on.

Good luck brother.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by omaharam
I think it takes a day. You will probably get it tomorrow. I would then attempt to email Johan and post your question on the forum.

HOWEVER...If you're getting more smoke, that means you're getting more fuel. That should be more power.
i tried to register yesterday but still haven't received a password, tried registering with my girlfriends e-mail too. On the forum it says Johan's email address but it says "please don't email me for tech support". Maybe I will anyways.

It smokes sooo much on "Economy performance" but doesn't make the power. Kind of embarrasing actually lol

Originally Posted by jmccart
I am guessing something is not right. I agree the customer service is far from Smarty customer service, and far from adequate. But the power boost from the predator is huge. I ran mine on RKL Extreme (non-stack) for a bit. The power was insane. Clutch slipped immediately. It smoked like crazy, which is totally not my bag, so I changed it. With time, the idle got rougher and rougher, even in high idle mode. I will probably run it again being I change stuff around often (at least until I get a re-flash and a smarty). If your truck is stock, and you installed extreme, it should have blown your socks off. If it did not, something weird is going on.

Good luck brother.
Thanks, and I hear it's supposed to blow my socks off. However, a GMC Canyon almost blew my socks off today.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Banned

I have one and it made a big difference on my truck, and i feel your pain tech. support wise they are aware of several issues with the u7131 and just keep blowing it off, in one ear out the other I guess hemi is a big complex project b/c they have been working on it for over 4 months.
I guess we need to start a club for diablo users that get ignored.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:18 PM

I haven't had my truck back on the dyno with the predator, but I can definitely feel the difference. The smoke is awesome when you first pull off.

I tried registering 2 weeks ago and still haven't received a password.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:34 PM

Hey Creed i can see your truck is quick, what mods do you have?

Well no password after 2 weeks, ***. Maybe there is a reason for that! Looks like posting on there forums is not an option...hmmm
Old 10-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Banned

Diablo non stacker rkl and X2 pressure only tune lvl 5 truck runs a 13.466 @101mph. 60' time of 1.78

Smarty beta 4.4 sw#9 a x2 pressure only tune lvl 5 truck runs a 13.309 @102. 60' time of 1.94 soft half boosted launch didnt know what smarty was going to do. Only good pass Ive gotten to make with smarty.
All my passes are made while using a lockup switch and all stock parts other then the programer and box stack. Exhaust is factory not even straight piped, stock intake and filter, stock turbo, fuel system, and injectors, along with trans. all stock.
We also have another truck single cab 4wd 06 that ran a 13.04 with tst/smarty stack sw#9 with tst on 3/3 no pressure added all other parts stock like me besides 5" exhaust, s&b intake, and glacier system. Were gonna add some pressure and put twins tst program in it along with my stock wheels and head back to the track right b4 we do his trans. and try and bust into the 12s on mostly stock parts.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:00 PM

wow thats unreal 8.4 in the 1/8 im ordering a clutch mid next week, ill put it in that day and tune the 215 and lvl. 3 on the ez. and head to redline a local 1/8 track, any quess as to what ill do ,, see my sig. for details remember its a 6 speed fun on the street but sux at the track!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:03 PM

haha thats fast for just a programmer, makes me feel like I'm really missin out lol
Old 10-24-2007, 11:04 PM

I dyno'ed mine with the Predator on Extreme and the Puc at 90hp without the HTB2 and hit 430hp @ 862Trq. I even broke my input shaft running RKL's (stock Tranny) I switched back to the Triple Dog cause I like the options that come with it. The Diablo site definetly has dropped in there online support..
Old 10-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Banned

2wd ouch been their done that in a 6spd my 03 was a single cab 2wd 6spd and it had everything possible done to it and all it would do was spin at the track i could hit 4th gear by the time i went through the tree. It was deadly from a roll on the street though. I would imagine mid 9s if it hooks decent maybe a 9.2-9.4.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diablosport Predator - Disappointing performance and customer service