Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   DFW Goerend Trans install? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/dfw-goerend-trans-install-196521/)

BossHogg 03-12-2008 04:59 PM

DFW Goerend Trans install?

Yo,
I gotz the Goerend on the way, and the only guy I know of is James Northum. He is about 45+min away, and I was hoping to find someone closer that can do the install incase the stocker, which has a bad TC wont make it!![guitar]

LFD2037 03-12-2008 05:04 PM

Others can chime in but after ALL my research, he's the closest to you. But if someone knows somebody closer, by all means post up.

essgeetee 03-12-2008 05:05 PM

Just goto James dude, he's worth the drive. Just read these forums, he is one of the most reputable trans guys you'll here about, and he's in DFW to boot!

KelschKid 03-12-2008 05:19 PM

I may be wrong, but I heard a few bad things about him.

Phil Baxter? ( I think that was his name) had some bad experiences. Hopefully someone will chime in who knows more than I do[duhhh]

bigredBCS 03-12-2008 05:45 PM

Phil had bad experiences as well as others, but I have heard more good than bad... But how he handles some things sent me elsewhere.... Just search his name you'll see the threads

LFD2037 03-12-2008 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by KelschKid (Post 1993617)

Phil Baxter? ( I think that was his name) had some bad experiences. Hopefully someone will chime in who knows more than I do[duhhh]

Oh crap, here we go again[dummy]. How 'bout people stick to the thread title[nonono]!

TXCTDSweetheart 03-12-2008 06:46 PM

John Robinson at Texas Diesel Power in Weatherford put my boyfriend's in and is putting my full billet tranny in right now, it just came in today. He does a great job

BossHogg 03-12-2008 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by KelschKid (Post 1993617)

:o:oPhil!!! Ya I heard about that quite a bit, I had pm'd him a few times about the matter, but I have talked with James on the phone and he seems to be a nice guy. Im sure he would have no problems with what Im brining him by a long shot, and I am not opposed to using him. Just looking for closer stuff.

essgeetee 03-12-2008 09:41 PM

The Goerend comes to you pretty much ready to go right? It should be pretty straight forward, you could probably just find a reputable trans shop nearby and have them do it. I don't see why it'd have to be a place that specialized in Performance Diesel applications such as JTT. Or even get a buddy to help and tackle it in the driveway!

CTD06 03-12-2008 09:45 PM

Yeah, I had my Goerend shipped to me in Colorado, and just had a local tans shop install it. 10K miles later things are still great.

LFD2037 03-12-2008 09:54 PM

But will the Goerend warranty still be honored,though?

cquestad 03-12-2008 10:13 PM

I used to drive 950 miles after I moved back to Idaho...to get to ATS.

Quit your crying and go to the man himself...its always better!

TexasCTD 03-13-2008 12:59 AM

I am with the others. Just go see James. 45 Minutes is nothing. Lots of guys come from a lot further away than that.....Oklahoma, Louisiana etc. to see him.

He is an authorized Goerend's installer with warranty.

James can also build transmissions too....but only upgrades with DTT for the Dodge trans builds.

Don M 03-13-2008 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD (Post 1994505)
I am with the others. Just go see James. 45 Minutes is nothing. Lots of guys come from a lot further away than that.....Oklahoma, Louisiana etc. to see him.

He is an authorized Goerend's installer with warranty.

James can also build transmissions too....but only upgrades with DTT for the Dodge trans builds.

Did you see him yet? (-:

bigredBCS 03-13-2008 10:23 AM

I think his truck is there now, if he hasn't picked it up already