Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   "Cummins Turbo Diesel" sticker from Geno's (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/cummins-turbo-diesel-sticker-genos-91075/)

4x4not 02-03-2006 10:15 AM

"Cummins Turbo Diesel" sticker from Geno's

Did anyone else get a large vinyl "CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL" decal from Geno's for filling out a survey? I got one (thanks Geno! :D ) and wanted to put it on the top of the rear window, but the thing is too dang wide! I need the sticker to be about 3" shorter to fit. It will fit at the bottom of the window but I don't know how it'll look there. I also toyed with the idea of the top of the windshield (which is probably what the thing was designed for) but I have no idea how I'm going to align a 5 foot long decal when I can't really reach the center of the window.

So, if you got one, where did you put it, and if you did the front windshield, how did you apply it? [eyecrazy]

dslchk_cowgirl 02-03-2006 10:19 AM

i got one about a month ago, and it's going on the front window of my second gen. i'm having a friend help me so we're each on one side. I think it would still look good across the bottom of the back window as long as you don't plan on putting stacks or a tool box that comes above the bed (and you don't have a sliding window)

Ridiculous 02-03-2006 10:22 AM

ya i got a sticker from that survey too. my windows are already taken up with stickers. on my front it says "real trucks rattle" and in my back center i have a ram head and on either side of that is says "dodge makes is" "Cummins shakes it" but is what i did with my sticker is this. cut it in between the cummins and turbo so that the cummins part is detached from the rest. and then you know where the "sport" trucks have "sport" on the hood. well that is what i did with this sticker. i put "cummins" on the left side and "turbo diesel" on the right side. it looks awesome :cool: so that's what i did see what you think i like it myself.

fredbert 02-03-2006 10:25 AM

It was easy for me, I just popped my head out of the sunroof! :D Yes, it is designed to fit across the top of the front windshield.

Mike D 02-03-2006 02:32 PM

I got one, but haven't installed yet either, mainly for the same reasons.

HdPower 02-03-2006 02:50 PM

Thank Geno for me too...It was a struggle but I managed to put mine on the top of the windshield doesn't look too bad there IMO.

Mike D 02-03-2006 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by HdPower
Thank Geno for me too...It was a struggle but I managed to put mine on the top of the windshield doesn't look too bad there IMO.

Post a picture if you have one. I'd like to see it. :)

4x4not 02-03-2006 06:39 PM

I'd like to see this too!

RonP 02-03-2006 06:43 PM

I got that one too. I put it across the front window. I like it. I just put a pic in my gallery but it needs to be aproved. Don't know how long that takes.

wannadiesel 02-03-2006 06:52 PM

Yep, they sent me one. I auctioned it off for the MDTDC BBQ grill fund, I think those stickers look kinda stupid on older trucks.

Herrin811 02-03-2006 06:59 PM

So where is said survey at over there??

eric13 02-03-2006 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Herrin821
So where is said survey at over there??

I believe you have to order something from them to fill out the survey.

Herrin811 02-03-2006 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by eric13
I believe you have to order something from them to fill out the survey.

Figured that....

Ridiculous 02-03-2006 07:06 PM

i got one and i didn't order anything i believe that it was just kind of a deal that they had goin on at the time.

Deuce 02-04-2006 07:55 AM

You dont have to buy anything to get decal----I didnt and I got one. Here is the link----http://www.genosgarage.com/CoastalData/basket/showcott.cfm?&DID=30&CatID=1.

All you have to do is "proceed to checkout" to fill out survey. I will say it is easier to put decal on with 2 people and we had to cut it up into 3 parts to match the curve of windshield if not then it wont lay flat.

JIM