3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cummins god please help me

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Cummins god please help me

Good evening to all , please grab some popcorn as I need major help : ( just a small visor I don't have much if any talent of diesel motors but im trying )
So I have a 2004.5 Dodge Ram 5.9L 4X4 it recently has sat at a mechanics shop for over 5 months with none if any progress from this guy . The only progress he's making is making his wallet fatter with my money . ( I pulled the truck from the only diesel mechanic in town) after so many F'ups with this mechanic an getting screwed over. So it all started when my injector 1 & 4 went bad I went ahead a just purchased all new injectors ( BD +5% fuel ) . So he installed the injectors an all seemed good till I made a run to lake havasu city from home , which is about 90 miles round trip . I noticed when we got off I-40 it started to smoke ( white smoke ) very small quantity but enough to notice it from my passenger mirror . I took it back to him an he said well I think its the FCA , so we swapped it out . Truck ran ideal here in town the smoking stopped , then we were gonna take a road trip to California so back on the I-40 . Truck would not advance more then 45 mph on up grade pulling a empty trailer so I quickly turned around an on the downgrade I was able to do 75-80 an everything seemed fine . So we parked it an left in the Chevy ( no point intended ) when we got back I took it back to him and the nightmare started he said it was my airdog system was not pushing the pressure the pump needed ( 16-18 psi ) so I spent $670.00 on FASS system . Then he calls me and says " there's something wrong with this new pump its only pushing out 17-18 psi, we should be pushing 45-50 psi" so I call all ****** to FASS and tell them " what the heck is wrong with my brand new pump . The tech at FASS says there's nothing wrong with the system that's normal rate if its not a 12V you don't need those numbers . The only thing wrong is your mechanic lol " I agree. So I call an explain to him what the FASS guy said and he still had the nerve to tell me that dodge in 2004 made a small quantity of 12V that year . Im like that smells like BS , so anyhow come to find out I never had installed the straw/pick up for my set-up even after asking the guy at diesel performance if all I needed was the FASS kit nothing else and he said "YES" . So the truck would run but I would loose fuel pressure an very little return , so I got the straw and im saying this is it the lost piece of the puzzle . Well still nothing during all this the mechanic said its your CP3 that's the last piece of the puzzle and I bet its that . So I bought the CP3 ( FLEECE bigger pump 6.7L) well I waited 3 weeks and he still had not installed it , so I had final had enough . I lost my cool took my truck home an installed it myself , watched a bunch of youtube videos and did my homework and had her installed in 2 hours . So I went to purge the system by opening the lines 1-2-3 from the rail like the guy at fleece said and truck started me and my son (13yr old) were all smiles HI FIVING EACH OTHER but our glory was short lived . The truck died only ran for about 30 seconds so we tried it again and nothing , I went to purge the system and again opening lines 1-2-3 and all well she started again but died after a short run . So I called the guys at Fleece and he said to disconnect the FCA an let it run open to get the pump spinning more freely??? Did that an nothing so im really down on faith right now an would like some honest feedback , I will pay for some advice or possibilities . My son is starting to hate mechanic work but he's a little trooper he keeps my moral up by showing effort so im it for the long haul . When trying the last with the FCA unplugged I got 2 codes P2509 and P0148. Thank you for taking the time to read this and any help is very very appreciative . Even if anyone can direct me to a very good diesel mechanic we would take that too . In the area of Las Vegas or Lake Havasu or somewhere in this geographic area . Thanks again an HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!!!
Old 12-26-2018, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck has 101,256 miles and just a sticky note , when I pulled it from the guys shop it ran but at a incline it would not do more then 45 mph . On the flat it would boogey just fine , I replaced the CP3 cause I didn't have much more to loose since there is no where here in town to take it to so no plan B . lol
Old 12-28-2018, 10:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I am having similar issues, except, mine seems to run rough only under partial load, if I floor it it gets. These guys will help, saved me a lot of money over the years.