Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Cold weather grill covers (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/cold-weather-grill-covers-56621/)

angleiron 12-15-2004 08:40 AM

Cold weather grill covers

From what I can gather, the only thing available for my 2003 2500 is the inserts made by LUND?

dezeldog 12-15-2004 09:08 AM

Angleiron, Check the classified for Eric buckel

Rob's Red Ram 12-15-2004 07:35 PM

Angleiron,Mopar makes a very nice cover.It goes behind the grill so that You don't see it and has 4 openings that You can open.It covers the whole area behind grill.It actually goes over the radiator and coolers.I will try to get some pics as soon as I install it.Part # 82208646 cost $83 list $119.:cool: Rob.

phox_mulder 12-15-2004 08:23 PM

Originally posted by dezeldog
Angleiron, Check the classified for Eric buckel
I have a set of his 2nd gen versions.

Not bad at all, and you can't beat the price.

phox

12PACK 12-15-2004 08:38 PM

I saw a Duramax yesterday with a solid black grill cover with the Chevy bowtie centered, also in black, so it didn't stand out until you were close. Something similar with a blue C would look nice, imho.

Cummins has the powerstore....but nothing like this.

Palmtree 12-15-2004 09:21 PM

I've got the black plastic ones..pictures in my Gallery. I had thechrome ones but they looked out of place with a black truck..to me anyhow.

SuperGewl 12-16-2004 01:13 AM

If you want a real nice one then pay the $110 and get a good one from DC. It goes inside the hood so no one can steal it. There are no snaps to install either. It just hooks arount the hood adjustment screws, the hood latch, the hoses ontop of the radiator and then hooks below the head lamps via already installed hooks and down in the bumper. It has a wide opening in the center that has 4 flaps to open or close.
You can't tell there is one installed once the hood is closed and it does not interfer with the heater plug.
The part # is 82208646 Cover Front End
It is also part of the cold weather accessory package which includes the battery blankets:)

Gary C 12-16-2004 05:44 AM

I have the outside ones, stealable,,, really dont work that great, I now have the radiator totally blocked with card board,,,NOW it works better

angleiron 12-16-2004 08:35 AM

Cover Ordered

I ordered the grill cover this morning. It seems they do not make the cold weather pkg (or it is not listed) for the 03's. I did not need the battery blankets and heater block extension anyway...I think! Thanks for the info!

coobie 12-16-2004 05:59 PM

Originally posted by SuperGewl
If you want a real nice one then pay the $110 and get a good one from DC. It goes inside the hood so no one can steal it. There are no snaps to install either. It just hooks arount the hood adjustment screws, the hood latch, the hoses ontop of the radiator and then hooks below the head lamps via already installed hooks and down in the bumper. It has a wide opening in the center that has 4 flaps to open or close.
You can't tell there is one installed once the hood is closed and it does not interfer with the heater plug.
The part # is 82208646 Cover Front End
It is also part of the cold weather accessory package which includes the battery blankets:)

I have the same winter front SuperGewl is talking about.Very happy with mine.coobie:D

SuperGewl 12-16-2004 08:51 PM

Originally posted by coobie
I have the same winter front SuperGewl is talking about.Very happy with mine.coobie:D

I'll get some pics posted later this week:cool:

cj5er 10-23-2008 08:32 PM

any one have the mopar 2nd gen part number for the winter grill cover

MyFirstRide 12-13-2009 04:17 PM

Hey all, new to the site and tryin to figure it all out. im lookin to put some fender flares on my truck, and also tryin to find some good lookin cold weather grille inserts. need some help locating them. can yall help me out. also would like some input on the fender flares, paint grey, black or leave unpainted. thanks for the help.

Topper 12-13-2009 05:18 PM

If your looking for the absolute best winter front spend the 100 or so bucks and get the one from your dealer. I have tried a few differant ones but non are even close to being as good as the one you get from the dealer. An added bones is the one from the dealer keeps the engine compartment very clean. It's well worth the money!
Topper

MyFirstRide 12-13-2009 05:28 PM

can anyone explain how I start a brand new post of my own?