3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Codes P0602 & P2122

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Codes P0602 & P2122

I got the codes for control module not programmed and pedal position sensor 1 low this weekend - lost power but I made it home and then checked for codes. I cleared them and loaded the stock tune but the next day I got code P2122 again - lost power but I made it home again OK. I'm guessing the loss of program was from the tuner and the throttle position code is from a sensor that's still faulty. Am I guessing right? I need any help I can get! Does a DC shop manual get into troubleshooting codes and fixing the problems. I may need to get one. The truck only has 62k miles but I guess a throttle sensor could be worn out already. I've never had problems with my tuner but now I'm really leary. TIA! Craig
Old 02-24-2011, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by C Schomer
I got the codes for control module not programmed and pedal position sensor 1 low this weekend - lost power but I made it home and then checked for codes. I cleared them and loaded the stock tune but the next day I got code P2122 again - lost power but I made it home again OK. I'm guessing the loss of program was from the tuner and the throttle position code is from a sensor that's still faulty. Am I guessing right? I need any help I can get! Does a DC shop manual get into troubleshooting codes and fixing the problems. I may need to get one. The truck only has 62k miles but I guess a throttle sensor could be worn out already. I've never had problems with my tuner but now I'm really leary. TIA! Craig
well at least you are lucky that your TPS

could be fixed with a timbren, Be fortunate that you do not have the 04.5 and up and the full pedal sensor has to be replaced... those are much harder to find...

i battled these same issues with my 05 for a long time, and here is what i did to solve it..

First and foremost, check the batteries, make sure connections are clean, tight and the batteries are good under load...

secondly, if that checks out, check ALL OF THE GROUNDS on the truck, and wire loom them all. If a ground is rubbing on the chassis, or anywhere else for that matter or is loose, it CAN CAUSE all of your demons...

apparently doing all of these, and resetting the codes with my mechanics scanner seemed to solve my problems with the truck...

right now, (knock on wood) 15K miles afterwards, and a smarty on 5, no issues, and no more codes with the APPS...

FWIW tho, a timbren is easier to find and cheaper than the pedal mounted one, and its more reliable too...

Oh and to answer your question, DC manual has illustrations on it, and how to diagnose it if its a problem, but you need a starscan or a quality scanner... also if you search around you can find ways to reset the sensor on an auto, but im not sure on a manual....

hope this is a good start

Last edited by TxDiesel007; 02-24-2011 at 09:54 AM. Reason: should have read sig, his is manual
Old 02-24-2011, 08:59 PM

Thanks, I'll check all that. The batteries are nearly new and I added some ground wires, frame to body etc when I relocated them. They are all insulated so they only make contact at the end points. I will probably add some more. I'll check out the timbren. Is that an aftermarket throttle sensor? I found a manual online and DL'd it. Now I just have to find the part I need. Is the smarty a tuner or chip? I probably won't take a chance on another tuner. Thanks again! Craig
Old 02-25-2011, 12:58 AM

timbren aftermarket yes,

IIRC he goes by Timbo on here, try timbo apps on google and it should turn up..

smarty is a programmer, tuner per say...
Old 02-27-2011, 05:53 PM

Thanks, I found him and emailed him. The service manual wasn't much help - I couldn't find details on troubleshooting the APPS with a meter. I checked all the grounds and other wiring/plugs for wear and dirty connections, cleaned the battery terminals and did the APPS reset. I should know if it works tomorrow when I drive it again. I'm having dreams of a p pump, now! Craig