3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

CFM+ carbonfiber intake elbow??

Old 12-27-2006, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CFM+ carbonfiber intake elbow??

anyone got it, and what differences could u tell???
Old 12-27-2006, 09:43 PM

it is high temp plastic, painted to look like carbon fiber; they claim it flows better than any other aftermarket intake
Old 12-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WUnderwood
it is high temp plastic, painted to look like carbon fiber; they claim it flows better than any other aftermarket intake
See, are you 100% positive about this? Because in the DieselPower magazines, it claims that it actually IS carbon fiber and flows 40% cooler than stock and 20% cooler than the banks intake manifold...?

Derek
Old 12-27-2006, 10:38 PM

spend your hard earned money elsewhere
Old 12-27-2006, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by derek.mckay
See, are you 100% positive about this? Because in the DieselPower magazines, it claims that it actually IS carbon fiber and flows 40% cooler than stock and 20% cooler than the banks intake manifold...?

Derek
yes, I am. I bought one, and sent it back. if you dont believe me, buy one yourself
Old 12-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Banned

yes, I am. I bought one, and sent it back. if you dont believe me, buy one yourself
I wasn't questioning your integrity...I was more so questioning the magazine's integrity...I don't care to purchase one, I'm not running any high hp or extreme applications, so an intake manifold isn't really going to benefit me. I was just asking...
Old 12-28-2006, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by derek.mckay

Derek
If you are have the information correct, that magazine is really screwed up. The intake is made of a very strong polycarbonate. It comes in plain black or carbon-look. The numbers they are quoting are FLOW no temperature. It flows 40% more than stock and 20% more than banks and ATS. The temp difference is much larger. This plastic material does not transfer heat like aluminum. This conserves the work your intercooler did in reducing intake charge temps. The aluminum intakes transfer heat back into the charge post intercooler.

CFM+ does have their own website if you want to learn about the product from the manufacturer instead of getting someones opinion.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:41 AM

CFM claims that theirs flows more because of the high temp plastic that does not conduct heat like the Banks or the ATS. personally, I dont like much plastic on my truck, and knowing that I am going to tighten the hell out of the clamp, I dont want to break it, and have to go through the whole shooting match again. the stock one is metal, and I am going to replace it with a metal one, just my opinion
Old 12-29-2006, 03:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The Swanker Intake might be something you would be interested in. The link is at the bottom of my signature.
We are in pre-production mode right now, but take a look. I think you'll like it- Especially if you want to add nitrous, meth, or propane in the future.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CTDowerTN
anyone got it, and what differences could u tell???
Yes i Have One On My 2006 Dodge Mega Cab, I Can See a Big Diff On Take Off,
I Have not had it very long ,But So Far i Like It . I Do Not Sell Any Thing i Do Not Use Or Have not Tried ! I Will Post Results When i Take It On The Road Again,
I Have the PMT Bully That Will Print off Results .

Col.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Col.
I Do Not Sell Any Thing i Do Not Use Or Have not Tried !
So, are you saying that you sell the CFM+ intake?

Rusty
Old 12-29-2006, 01:05 PM

CFM claims that theirs flows more because of the high temp plastic that does not conduct heat like the Banks or the ATS. personally, I dont like much plastic on my truck, and knowing that I am going to tighten the hell out of the clamp, I dont want to break it, and have to go through the whole shooting match again. the stock one is metal, and I am going to replace it with a metal one, just my opinion
You look at their web site, they have a photo of their intake under the whell of a 3500. I think you can clamp it to your heart's content.

Besides, looking at your sig, you do not seem to have been to satisfied with much that your truck came with from the factory. Why your change of heart on this issue?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RustyJC
So, are you saying that you sell the CFM+ intake?

Rusty
Not as Of Yet ! Looking Very Hard At It ! But I'm Not a Paid Vender Here So i Can Not Advertise That I'm a dealer. But i Like The CFM So Far, Just Had Not Ran The Miles On It Yet To Give My Advice, Seems Ok ? Throttle Response Is Super , That Is About It So Far ! Will Post More When i Put Some Miles On It .
Like MPG , Temps And So On .

Best Regards,
Col.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:44 AM

keep me posted
Old 01-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blkt6
keep me posted
Look like the Col was banned ( i guess ) so I'll give you an update....;-)

I have one on my truck. It's true the intake isn't carbon fiber but is, a very high strength composite plastic. The carbon fiber look is imbedded in the intake. It's not paint.

If you plan on any injection, the CFM+ doesn't have any ports for that. I spoke to the guy who designed and built it. He's a Aero dynamics engineer. He said he purposely didn't put ports in because of the high HP's people are running. He said, not that his intake can't take it but, he didn't want to deal with warranty issues. When you start going above 500hp things can get volatile.

IMO, there's no way to tell the difference it made beside putting your truck on a dyno. The change is probably so slight that might not even tell.

There are claims of a 10 hp / 20flbs increases by adding a aftermarket intakes but, I think that's pretty hard to tell in the seat of your pants.

I can tell you in comparing it to the stock intake and a ATS intake it's gotta flow way better. It's completely smooth inside all the way through.

I got a good deal on mine which is way I bought it. I plan on installing a ATS I have though to be able to use the ports.

[center]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CFM+ carbonfiber intake elbow??