Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   bullydog smarty (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/bullydog-smarty-166155/)

wyocat 08-23-2007 10:06 PM

bullydog smarty

lets see what kinda battle this will start...which do you guys reccomend? also would you reccomend getting a bd lift pump or fass system?

soulezoo 08-23-2007 10:08 PM

Thats a fire waiting to start... I'll jump in by saying GDP walbro lift pump...

wyocat 08-23-2007 10:17 PM

probably a newb question but does that replace stock or run in line with

soulezoo 08-23-2007 10:23 PM

It replaces the stock-- fairly easy to do (about two hours) and much more reliable. There is a thread here that shows how to do it.

J7 Diesel 08-24-2007 01:04 AM

smarty, more sdjustable and just as good as they come IMO

MOJO1 08-24-2007 06:09 AM

Why dont you find two people that has both and judge for your self. For the fact your not going to get a good answer! People are bias on what they buy! Just jump in and get your feet wet[roll]

CTD03 08-24-2007 06:20 AM

i would say smarty

tcr 08-24-2007 07:54 AM

BANKS, ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
Seriously though, FILL OUT YOUR SIG!

CReed 08-24-2007 09:34 AM

The new bullydog man I love it super smooth and put a GDP fuel system on that thing you wont regret it.

RedRacer44 08-25-2007 09:45 PM

I have had a Triple Dog and now I'm running the Smarty. I can honestly say that my truck performs better with the Smarty. My mileaged jumped almost 2 MPG (hand-calculated), much better throttle response, turbo spools faster, lower EGTs with daily driving and towing, and the extra smoke is always fun :)

In the Bully Dog's defence, I have nothing bad to say about it really. It worked really well and I loved being able to adjust power levels on-the-fly. It performed very well. The only downside in comparision to the Smarty was no mileage increase and a lack of bottom end power.

I'd recommend the Triple Dog to anyone...its a great downloader. But I would recommend the Smarty first...

My truck loves it :)

kruegerlouie 08-25-2007 10:05 PM

smarty

Originally Posted by RedRacer44 (Post 1664790)
I have had a Triple Dog and now I'm running the Smarty. I can honestly say that my truck performs better with the Smarty. My mileaged jumped almost 2 MPG (hand-calculated), much better throttle response, turbo spools faster, lower EGTs with daily driving and towing, and the extra smoke is always fun :)

In the Bully Dog's defence, I have nothing bad to say about it really. It worked really well and I loved being able to adjust power levels on-the-fly. It performed very well. The only downside in comparision to the Smarty was no mileage increase and a lack of bottom end power.

I'd recommend the Triple Dog to anyone...its a great downloader. But I would recommend the Smarty first...

My truck loves it :)

I have a 05 and recently got the smarty for it,milage on a hwy trip 20mpg. milage daily driving 15. on the 60 hp tune and it smokes too easily in my opinion, you cant keep your foot out of it enough to get decent milage when not rodding around, especially in upper settings. kinda miss reaching down to bump it up like the comp in my old 02 insted of taking 15 min to reprogram.
was wondering where others are experiencing best milage????

Cold Diesel 08-26-2007 03:08 AM

I have both at home right now. I prefer the Smarty but I still use the BD outlook controller so I can back it down instead of reprogramming:cool: Smarty and a controller Outlook or Quad or?? would be my choice..... and I love the smoke the Smarty gives me[guitar][guitar] Better mileage on the highway as well...... worse in the city... but thats my heavy foot and glancing in the passenger mirror for clouds[coffee]

RedRacer44 08-27-2007 11:05 PM

I've been driving on SW #3 (60 HP tune) since I got the Smarty except for a couple of "test runs" on SW #5 and #7. I love the additional fun...its always fun to get a lil' puff every now and then, haha!

I just keep my foot out of it...I dont know, its just not hard for me to drive with a light right foot. I can still drive a lil' aggressive and pull 18 MPG on the highway...

Rollin'_Coal 09-03-2007 07:56 PM

The crazy larry tune is incredible but like someone said before, i like bullydog because i have bullydog, totaly bias but i like it.

turbopwr 09-03-2007 08:02 PM

I switch back every so often between the two, mainly trying out all the new tunes, bully dog is great, smarty is better.